SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Son of an B.....he does it again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/132608-son-b-he-does-again.html)

irelandx7 09-13-2007 05:34 PM

Son of an B.....he does it again

Was supposed to go to my meeting tonight. I shouldn't be surprised that OF COURSE he is drinking. Does he think I'm stupid? Like I can't smell a drop of liquor from a mile away? I just had a baby in January -- my keen sense of smell is still with me.

What a lying, manipulating, SOB. I swear to God. He just knows..........just knows that I won't go if he is drinking. Why do they do this?

I know why, I just want to beat the disease out of him. He got his anti-D's yesterday from the doctor, and of course told him, "I drink too much every now and again." Whatever.

I need to ship him off to Egypt, so he can look de-NILE right in the face! :sad2:

Barbara52 09-13-2007 05:38 PM

{hugs}

I feel your frustration. Can you arrange for a babysitter on the night you want to go to the meeting? Somewhere you can take your little one so you won't have to worry about AH and his drinking?

queenteree 09-13-2007 05:44 PM

I've seen people bring babies to the meetings if they need to. He's probably drinking on those nights so you won't go to a meeting. Bring the baby and get going. His plan won't have worked!

embraced2000 09-13-2007 05:46 PM

one word, sweety......al-anon

love to you
jeri

irelandx7 09-13-2007 06:03 PM

I know, that's the meeting I was supposed to go to. :)

I not only have a baby, but three boys (8, 6, and 4). What to do with them? *SIGH*

Barbara52 09-13-2007 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by irelandx7 (Post 1483593)

I not only have a baby, but three boys (8, 6, and 4). What to do with them? *SIGH*

Plan a sleep over at their friends?

DesertEyes 09-13-2007 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by irelandx7 (Post 1483593)

Baby-sitting meetings. Call al-anon on the phone and ask them which meets provide baby-sitting. A lot of them just have members take turns watching the kids in a room next door. If _you_ are willing to do that once a month you can probably start a baby-sitting meet of your own.

Mike :)

aztchr 09-13-2007 11:14 PM

Are there any close grandparents or family members to watch them or maybe they don't know about the meetings?

The alanon meetings I've been to have a babysitting room as mentioned.

irelandx7 09-14-2007 04:17 AM

I'll look into the babysitting, because I'm not going to let this happen again. It just is plain out ridiculous. I feel weak for letting it get to me, yet I have every right to protect my kids. I was going to take the baby with me last night.

I'm just still so mad, that's all he cares about. *SIGH*

Thanks for all the replies!