Everything I went through was for Nothing...

Old 09-11-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

wish it was that easy. the is the first time i've talked about marriage, I am extremely close to his family...he became my best friend. and honestly everyone that I say I'm leaving is absoultely stunned - and stunned at what he did. b/c it's not the typical him.

i am leaving...I am. it's just hard. so hard. I think when I stop crying I'll be able to see through my cloudy eyes...
Old 09-11-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

oh and I did inform him while he was there so he could have help dealing w/ the emotional struggle...
Old 09-11-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

it is scarey, trust me I know. The hurt inside can go so deep. This could be all for the best? i was so dam codependent when I was drinking. Because I knew there was someone to pick up the pieces, someone to take care of things/me. It kind of allowed me to get more drunk. I could drink myself into a black out and wake up later to find that all the house work was done and dinner was cooked. I hurst many many people during my using days. For me getting on with my recovery single is what works for me. I dont have to also deal with a relationship as well as my dam mood swings and recovery ups and downs. Ive kept in touch with one of my boyfriends that was there during one of my worst times. He has moved on, is engaged and expecting a baby soon. I wish I never drove him away. But thats life and we all have to do what is best for us.

im the same in the scense that if you cheat in any form. Its over. Kissing is as bad as having sex with someone else in my eyes.and if someone can lie for that long and live with the guilt then they cant be trusted.... thats just my opinion!!!

You might find that others that know him will say "but he is getting better, give him a chance, he has changed" bla bla all that. in the end its up to you.

Know that the hurt will pass, know that your life has not stopped. change can be fun too!

All the bes selah

lots of hugs

misslisa
Old 09-11-2007, 12:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thanks lisa - i appreciate your insight. the choice is the most difficult part b/c you're right everyone is split on the subject.