Well Just as I thought - Drunk Again! Why am I so angry?

Old 09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
let it grow!

um, don't forget the day spa and hot tub....
Old 09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

Of course, gotta have those. But seriously, do you think that would be a good idea? Should I put it in a separate post to get some feedback? If it would catch on, I really would consider doing it. I think I can get a mortgage for something like that if I left AH. I'd be doing something productive and good and maybe that's what my HP had planned for me to do.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i think it's a wonderful idea. i wonder if insurance companies would buy into it? my guess is not..so how would folks afford to go?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sign me Up!

I remember when I found myself smsck i the middle of my Son's addiction before I learned what I needed to do. The day he left for Rehab I was so relieved! Wow, he had all of these people to take care of him. Wasn't that just great. MAeanwhile back at the ranch the rest of the family was suffering with it all. I know there is Al-Anon and thank God this sight but to be able to just go somewhere and heal for a couple of weeks would have been wonderful. Taking a break, going on vacation, or being good to yourself helps but I tell you I would have loved to have been surrounded with people who were focusing on my recovery. I like the victorian idea,
with lots of flowers hanging on the porch, a great library, we wouldn't need a kitchen staff part of our recovery would be to cook and nourish our souls. Maybe a chocolate fountain in every room?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

Sparkle, that's the way I'm envisioning it too. I'm truly thinking of doing this, seriously. I would have to research it a little further, but 1) it would give me a goal in mind in order to make it thru the next month or so with my AH being drunk and 2) I really feel this may be God's plan for me, last night I kept saying "God, why am I going thru this???? Please, I need to know and I need to now NOW!!!" and today this idea came to me. As for insurance companies paying for it, my AH's residential rehab did not accept insurance, it costs $4500 for 3 weeks and they had a waiting list. It just seems like most people are all for paying what has to be paid in order get our A's sober, but shouldn't we pay for our recovery as well. Don't we deserve that? Our recovery is supposed to be about taking care of ourselves, doing for ourselves. Sometimes a 2 hour meeting a few times a week, a few telephone calls and a 1 hour therapist session is just not enough. Our rehab would have daily group therapy sessions, individual sessions and an AlAlnon meeting each night. It would give us a good foundation. And then maybe, after you leave rehab, it is requested that you attend AlAnon or CoDa meetings (I wonder if 90 in 90 is good???). Like I said, we are as sick, if not sicker and much more stressed than they are. Should I post this on another thread and see what others say? You know sometimes the best ideas come under times of deep stress.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

There are several places (Hazelden and Betty Ford come to mind) where families CAN go for family/individual treatment for several days to a week,even if their A does not. I seriously considered going (and hoped to have our kids go,too). We ended up doing an intervention instead, but I still thought about going. My kids are both in college right now, so I shelved that idea. Actually, I came here instead!

Sorry you are having this heartache.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It is your daughter's responsibility to provide a "nice life" for her daughters. What ever happened to YOUR nice life, don't you deserve one?
Old 09-05-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

To the Queen of the Victorian

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!