Happy Sanity Birthday to ME

Old 09-04-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Happy Sanity Birthday to ME

Yesterday, September 3 was my 4th birthday in this wonderful program of recovery. I like to call it my "sanity" birthday cause the life I was living before was insane.

I walked into my first Al-Anon meeting wondering what was I going to find, who would I see and how in the world could it even help. At that time in my life, my AH was 6 months sober, living in a half-way house and we barely even spoke - but I was still miserable. That's when I realized that I needed help. That it wasn't just all about his drinking & using.

Hope for Today pg. 247 - ". . . I found myself in a safe place, the place Al-Anon has created within me."

It is awesome to live in my safe place. To know the comfort of the God of my understanding's protection, the peace that calms me during life's storms.

I would love to tell you that my life is absolutely wonderful. But we all know - life is life. As far as the situation with the alcoholics/addictions in my life - it has definitely had it's ups and downs during this past 4 yrs and somethings are far worse than when I originally walked in the rooms of recovery.

But ME? I'm not the same. I may only be 4 yrs old in recovery, but I am more spiritually, emotionally and physically mature and healthy than I have ever been in my 40 plus yrs of life.

I am grateful for Al-Anon, for recovery, for SR, for all the wonderful friends I have made on this path in recovery - and so very glad that I was encouraged to "keep coming back - it works if you work it"

Wishing each of you the blessings of Living Happy, Joyous, & Free - One Day at a Time,
Rita
Old 09-04-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Sanity!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing this with us!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Happy Sanity Birthday Japic! Way to go

(I like that sound of that kind of a Birthday!) everytime my Birthday comes I keep turning 29 Again! at least there is progress with this type of a Birthday!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Happy Sanity Birthday Rita! Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts on recovery!