Enter husband #4

Old 09-01-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
DII

Mr C....wow....hang in there. It's tough to be in this situation. Prayers to you and your ex. I hope she finds her way.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This contact started with her looking for a place to stay.
She told me I was one of the only she really trusted.
I can't predicit the future, but I wouldn't be surprised if my ex hits me up for a place to live someday....
We all make choices in life and since she never sought help to fix herself, she still makes the wrong ones.
Yup. My ex is still deep in her -ism, even though she's not a drinker.

You know the drill Mr C. Work on you. Have faith, take action, and let God sort it out.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

((Mr C)) ..
So sorry that you had to hear that about your ex Mr C .. although sometimes we need to hear things and react to them to realize how far we have grown...and you , Mr C , have had a pretty big growth spurt !

Glad you had a great date and I hope you have many more . keep moving forward and your x is in my prayers as well .

M
Old 09-01-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'll keep your X in my prayers, and hope she is safe.
Mr C, you are such an inspiration! I have been in a rough patch lately as my XAH has taken up with someone that I know is a world class enabler. (Moreso even than I was!) Reading your posts and the wonderful way you've chosen to handle your X's situation (Or should I say not handle?) has really given me encouragment.
Who needs a cape to inspire??
Old 09-01-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

as the others have said, No-one deserves that sort of treatment - no matter how poor their choices and I wish her well....

... but the overwhelming thing I get from this post is - you are a shining star of how to NOT let the chaos others have in their lives turn our own up-side down - this would take everything I have to not rescue her. But you have reacted with grace and compassion and still kept yourself safe.

pretty fabulous lesson for me, thank you.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
full of hope

Originally Posted by Mr. Christian View Post
The old “me” would have bent over backwards to help out.
They just don't get it do they! Good grief! I'm glad you didn't let her suck you back in!

Originally Posted by Mr. Christian View Post
my cape is in the cleaners.
Cape or no cape you're still 'super' to us! Why? Your power lies within and not in what you put on!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I have a dear friend, Mr. Christain, that has a BS degree, the most wonderful loving parents you will ever know.

She worked for me and was very good at everything. Long story, but eventually she got a promotion and moved out of state. We kept in touch weekly.

Within 6 months, she had found a boyfriend who was a local thug and crack dealer. Her house was raided and she was arrested. She went straight down hill from there.
She claims still that she "loves" this guy.
I don't get it. No one does. It's absolutly astonishing to see a bright mind wasted on drugs.
She is now in jail.
I feel so bad for her, but you know what? I don't have contact any more with her, and I loved her so very much. Still do, Why? Because I can't take the chaos this kind of thing brings to my life.
She's not working a program either.

Im sorry to hear about your xw. It's so sad to see people destroy themselves and not get help. She doesn't deserve to be beaten and abused. Hopefully the creep that did it will be in jail soon.
Take care.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

sorry, my heart goes to her and yourself.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Mr C, you are such an inspiration to me. Detaching with love, something that took me so long to figure out and you exhibit it almost naturally.

Thinking of you both and your HP