Gave him a phone #...

Old 08-31-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gave him a phone #...

Talked to AH this morning. He said he just needed to hear my voice. I asked him if he wanted the phone number for the back doctor he was supposed to call months ago. He said yes so I gave it to him. I told him I wasn't going to give it to him again so he needed to hold on to it after he called him.

Several hours later and I'm going to assume that he hasn't called him because he hasn't called me back to say that he has an appointment. It's taking everything I have to not call and ask him if he called the doctor. I did my part (again) and I gave him the number. Following up would be very codie of me wouldn't it?

If I talk to AH again today should I even ask him about it or let him bring it up?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
4th star on the Right.

Let him bring it up.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ICU

I think you did great. You asked if he wanted the number, he said yes, and you gave it to him.

Bringing it up once was 'ok', more than that is 'nagging codie behavior'. I could write a book on that, LOL!!

I would even go one step further and not even think about him bringing it up...I'd occupy my mind with other things that pertain to 'my' well being! Let him deal with his.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Following up would be very codie of me wouldn't it?

If I talk to AH again today should I even ask him about it or let him bring it up?
Yup it would!

And let him bring it up!

Get rid of it out of your head....you did what you felt was the right thing to do now let it go...................consuming yourself of his choices will only make your "codie crazies" kick in more!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ICU

ICU, meet Rella....Rella, meet ICU, LOL!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Ha Ha Ha ICU!

I was typing at the same time you were I hit post and POOF there is YOU!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. I am going to let it go now that I've done my part.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like you did "just right". When I have found myself in this kind of situation,I have been trying this new way of acting (not reacting) and am finding it works better for me and AH,etc. I decided to remember he's a big boy and can and will do what he wants to do (with all the evidence I seem to have had a hard time getting that thru MY skull! ) but since he hadn't used the number in the past months, why was I waiting to hear he called that second...or at all? If and when he did (and sometimes he HAS when I butted out!) it was a nice surprise and I wasn't devisatated and resentful that "my plan" wasn't followed!

Good luck and thanks for posting...it helps!

Hope things are going better for you today.