AH and the revolver?????

Old 08-29-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question AH and the revolver?????

Thanks again for all your input about needing an attorney, I have an appointment on next Tuesday...we'll see if I can afford it. I spoke briefly with my Ah this evening. At first he was being very sweet and nice until he realized it wasn't a social call and I was only finding out about his progress on refinancing the house and getting his own credit card. He told me he's not refinancing til AFTER the divirce b/c I will try to take half the refi $. I suppose b/c I've been such a cruel heartless you know what? He needs extra $ to get a new roof. Then he told me he wants his revolver back. About 2 years ago he purchased an unregistered 38 from a guy he worked with, I was never happy about it at all. You know a gun and a drunk guy???? So when all the #*&^! started with us I took the gun and gave it to someone that has a gun safe in their home to lock it up. It is still there. Tonight he told me to give him the gun or $475. I told him I didn't think so. Then he offered me $1000 off my share of the credit card bill. Except for the first time he realized the gun was gone ...about 2 months after I initially took it ( we had a small agrument then) he has never ever mentioned it since. Does anyone besides me think this seems strange all of the sudden? I'm beginning to realize that what he says isn't really ever what he must be thinking. He really seems to have some not so latent hostility towards me even though he says he still wants me to come back to him. Of course it goes without saying the gun will stay exactly where it is.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd hold onto the gun, just to be on the safe side.

As for figuring out what he might be thinking, every thing I've read here and experienced tells me its a waste of time since rational, logical thought is not what's going on usually.

Good luck with the attorney. My advice is find a way to pay for it even if its going into debt. Getting an attorney on your side to deal with all the issues including the house etc. is well worth it.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I live in SC. Here, since neither one of us could afford an attorney, I just went to one for the 'advice'. We then managed to make our own agreements. Divorce wound up costing only 750.00 instead of the 1500.00

Gun? Drunk? Heavens, keep it where it is. Unfortunately, people can always get another one.

Peace is coming to you. It might take just a little while longer, but it will come. Look forward to that day.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by 2Growstrong View Post
About 2 years ago he purchased an unregistered 38 from a guy he worked with...
Unregistered.... That would have me say to turn it in to the police.
Around here they have gun buyback programs to get the unregistered guns off the street. His thinking it is his or not... it is unregistered and thus illegal. Turning it in anonymously to the police, he has no recourse. Can't list it as an item you owe him for because it is a criminal act to own it.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe he wants the gun back to sell it to get some quick cash.
You're doing the right thing keeping it locked up away from him.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I totally agree with Best about the unregistered gun. Find a way to turn it in anonymously if possible. It's illegal for you to be in possession of it too.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ICU

Except for the first time he realized the gun was gone ...about 2 months after I initially took it ( we had a small agrument then) he has never ever mentioned it since. Does anyone besides me think this seems strange all of the sudden?
Strange? Perhaps! Or maybe he's just trying to tie up loose ends with property, money, etc. It's hard to say for sure, but I do understand your concerns.

In any event, if you feel it's 'strange', and feel uneasy about it, pay attention to your gut feelings. They may be trying to tell you something.

He really seems to have some not so latent hostility towards me even though he says he still wants me to come back to him.
And yet another red flag to pay attention to.

A gun, anger, pending divorce, alcholic...that's certainly more than enough for you to being looking into safety precautions for yourself. I'm not saying you should panic, but just be careful. Pay attention to your gut!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Around here they have programs where you can turn in illegal weapons to the police and get money - $100 I believe. Just a thought. Even if you don't have something like that there I would turn it in anyway. If ex has a complaint you can direct him to take it to the gun's new owners.

Oh, and call them first. Walking into the precinct and pulling out a gun is considered bad form
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Another vote here NOT to give the gun back to the AH. Yikes! I'd put it in the trunk, call the cops and tell them you're coming in with it, then have them take it out. You don't need the added trouble that gun could cause.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ditto the others on the gun. I'd turn it in. BTW, I was accidently shot through the chest with a .22 by a dumb teenage friend who found his dad's gun and was horsing around. I'm not a fan of having guns around. Stupidity can kill.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

GUNS!!! SCARY!!!!! ME!!!!! YIKES,,,,

You sound like you got your head screwed on straight about that 2 GROWSTONG Follow your instincts.

As far as what he's thinking? Who the heck knows!!1 But if your karma is telling you to take care of YOU, then follow it,,,

Pardon my boldness,,but he's WHACKED!!!

Treat him as such,,,

Peace
Old 08-30-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Growstrong

I would have to agree with everyone above....as Best first stated-turn it in to the police!

Let me tell you my XABF had rifles and handguns until the police went to the house and TOOK THEM! I know that he could have come across another but at least I did what I could to feel safe at the current moment!

Who cares about the money honestly, we are talking about your safety! Please turn that into the police. Just the mere thought of having them around scares me to hear!