new here, need help

Old 08-30-2007, 04:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I could not agree more with Barbara's post above.

Read through the posts on here. They really helped me! I caught myself saying "wow, that's just like my ABF!" And keep gathering information. The worst part with being married or romantically involved with an A is that you WANT to believe the best of them, when the truth will point out that what they're trying to make you believe is a LIE. Verify everything she says. Good luck to you and God bless.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I hope you come back and post Papatuv.

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-30-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you All for your posts! It is really nice to know I have support from all of you folks! I lovingly and very softly approached her last night about drinking too much and I could not belive how she belittled everything. Minimalizing every point I made. In her mind, I truely belive she thinks that she is or has done nothing wrong, she actually looked confused as to why I had a consern. Man I am dealing with denial to the Nth degeree here. I got a long road ahead. She went out again last night, that is what prompted me to talk to her to begin with. To my surprise she came back about an hour later for the night, she said it was "dead". However she smelled of Alcohol on her breath.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WantsOut View Post
If I had it all to do over again I;d have called the cops on my ex and gotten him arrested for DWI years and years ago.

wow, sounds like a bit of resentment. at alanon we learned how holding on to resentment or anger is like holding on to hot coals in your hand; you are the only one that gets burned.

though can't say i disagree with you. Am I crazy?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Looking back I probably would have called the cops on my exabf, he was wreckless and i feared him killing someone else in the process. I actually told him time and time again that i HOPED he got pulled over.....
Old 09-02-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

hbb sums up my feelings perfectly. I was wrong to let him endanger other drivers and himself. He also got sober due to his arrest. My fear and irresponsibility were bad for everyone - even people who never knew us. But I forgive myself. I am older and wiser now, and so is exAH. I am letting him go lest I be dragged. I like that new saying that is echoing around here. It;s good for us to hear.