Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Feel a little blue tonight? What are you going to do about it?

Feel a little blue tonight? What are you going to do about it?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Nice things for me every single day--YAY! Love the idea. My mind wheels are turning--what's my present today?

Oh, the salmon was fantastic. I thought of you all as I dug into it.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ICU

Hmmm...I just realized something. Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a challenge for doing nice things for myself. My little Pom is going in to get her teeth cleaned. I always panic when they 'go under'. Hmmm....I'll have to think on that one some more. Tomorrow will be tough for sure.

Oh, and thanks for sharing the salmon an'ka! Rub it in a little why don'tcha? LOL!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm planning and looking forward to an overnight hiking trip this weekend. My poor backpack is almost 20 years old! I stopped hiking because booze was more important. It'll be great to stretch my legs again.

As for tonight, my kids and I will be going to an AA meeting and then we'll have dinner and a movie together, hopefully my GF will join us. Nothing like spending an evening with three people I love dearly!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ICU View Post
My little Pom is going in to get her teeth cleaned. I always panic when they 'go under'. Hmmm....I'll have to think on that one some more.
ICU,
I have a pug and because of their structure I freak out whenever he has to be anesthetized. I've learned to make sure to impress on them that HE IS TO BE BREATHING ON HIS OWN BEFORE THEY REMOVE THE BREATHING TUBE. Period. And if they look at me funny, I don't care. Anesthesia makes me worry. But he's always been fine.

But you can still make it about you....having her come back to life from that deep sleep is cause for a party, in my book! Special treats if her tummy can handle them, special treats for you too, and a celebration of your small friend's choice to be in your life.

Wonderful thread!!!!!

GL
Old 08-30-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by ICU
My little Pom is going in to get her teeth cleaned. I always panic when they 'go under'. Hmmm....I'll have to think on that one some more.
Awwww ICU ......I agree with GiveLove 100%

Lots of goodies when you get the little one home!

When my little one who was 18 went under for her surgery (just a little lump removed) I had the vet call me right before and right after! And I too said the same thing
HE IS TO BE BREATHING ON HIS OWN BEFORE THEY REMOVE THE BREATHING TUBE.
Lots of to the furry little one ICU
Old 08-30-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
ICU

Thanks Rella. I'm in the waiting mode right now. I cried when they carried her out of the door. Her eyes were bugged out as she was trying to get to me. I was strong for her until I saw that. Then the dam just burst...SIGH!

I figured that one productive thing I could do to pass the time is to pay bills. Anything to keep my mind occupied until I hear that she woke up. They're supposed to call me right away. They did that in June when my other dog had a dental cleaning/teeth pulled.

She won't be able to eat a lot when I get her home. They usually say to feed half of 1/4 their normal meal. If she holds that down, then repeat in an hour, and so on. I figured scrambled egg will be nice and soft on her tender little mouth.

The waiting is the hardest part! Hey, isn't that a Tom Petty song?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Oh i'm the queen of blue over here

BUT i'm going to Jimmy Buffett on Sunday and the Red Sox on Monday so that should be fun, oh and throwing in the beach all weekend too, even if i'm alone i'm going darn it!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Honey I know the feeling when our furry kids are in a place where there is nothing that we can do!

Yes eggs are a good idea....even mix in a little bit of turkey or chicken ground up. That is what my Diabetic use to have on days she would not eat (suggested from the vet)

Give it a try! Hang in there ICU ....breathe!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

The waiting is the hardest part!
Is that a codie thing?!?!?! No patience?!?!?!

We don't get more than we can handle ICU,,,Pom's gonna be waking up, craving Mom's scrambled eggs.

Is paying bills doing something "nice" for yourself?!?!?! he,he,he

I've been in a "blue funk" for a couple fo days now. Think it might have something to do with the full moon. Us native get restless. OR

It could be resting on my laurels a tad too much,,,

But, last night, I got home from work and DOVE into the ocean. Literally. In my WORK CLOTHES!! hahahahahahaha,,ok, I took my heels off!! There were maybe 3 people on the beach and they all looked at me like I was whacked!!! Ya think it was cause I was BEAMING from ear to ear?!?! Didn't want to scare them entirelly and shout "WOO HOO"

I'm thinking that oufit's ruined,,,

Today, after work, I'm going to my meeting. My "home" group. Two weeks ago, I asked someone from that group to be my sponsor. We'll spend some time together, continuing the journey. As I work through the steps, I find it's "dregging" up memories. Ughhhhhhhh,,,BUT,,,,,I feel like my insides are getting a good roto routing!!!!

Can't think of anything BETTER I can do for myself

Peace
Old 08-30-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
ICU

hbb, sounds like you have some really terrific things planned! Enjoy them all!!

Originally Posted by CE Girl View Post
Is paying bills doing something "nice" for yourself?!?!?! he,he,he
Well, I guess you got me on that one! But I was doing something ‘responsible’ for myself, and in that sense, it was nice. Well, nicer than getting late fees that is, LOL. Am I pushing the envelope just a tad here?

Originally Posted by CE Girl View Post
But, last night, I got home from work and DOVE into the ocean. Literally. In my WORK CLOTHES!! hahahahahahaha,,ok, I took my heels off!! ….I'm thinking that oufit's ruined,,,
See, now THAT'S what I’m talking about. THAT sounds like crazy fun! What a joyful spirit you have.

Well Rella, I just got the call a few minutes ago. She’s awake. They want me to pick her up earlier than my other dog. I think she’s making too much noise and they want her out of there, asap, LOL!

Once she’s back home and held down some food, I’ll light some candles, put on my ocean sounds cd, and take a warm bubble bath. Is that better CE Girl, LOL???

Thanks all for your concern and kind words. Keep on doing nice things for yourselves. I’m beginning to notice a difference in my attitude. Oh, and my Mexican food was good last night.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Ohhhh do I need this thread tonight! I was bluesy, but then I surfed SR and now I'm angry!!!

I'm angry because I spent the last six months of my live trying to help out my ABF, spending thousands of dollars in travel money to see him, and losing thousands of dollars in income. And what happens when I put my foot down and tell him I won't travel with him and do pub crawls? When I tell him he has to live up to his endless promises to become sober? He disappears, cuts off all communication, and takes up with his XGF enabler. SHE doesn't tell him to quit drinking, SHE put up with all his crap in exchange for him spending money on her.

No, I do NOT want to be back with him, I am so much more at peace now than when he was verbally abusive. And I know once the honeymoon wears off he'll be verbally abusive to her too. But it makes me mad that I was the one looking out for his health and best interests, and I'm the one who gets kicked to the curb. Stupid marina Keys trash broad.

Okay, it's out of my system for now.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by CBrown View Post

No, I do NOT want to be back with him, I am so much more at peace now than when he was verbally abusive. And I know once the honeymoon wears off he'll be verbally abusive to her too. But it makes me mad that I was the one looking out for his health and best interests, and I'm the one who gets kicked to the curb. Stupid marina Keys trash broad.
Yup, he probably will be abusive to her too. Aren't you glad that it won't be you on the receiving end of it anymore?

In the past I held resentment (ok, only 'sometimes' do I still feel that way) towards my ex's ex that he went back to. She also drank like a fish, not my place to say whether she is an A or not, but if I were a betting woman.....

The major part of my resentment was that she would call him drunk ALL OF THE TIME. This came to a head during his last round of temporary sobriety. I held her responsible for his choice to resume drinking. OK, yeah, there were a 'few other' things going on between them as well (read between the lines) that I later found out about, and that certainly added fuel to my fire. But in hindsight, just like I was not responsible for his choices, in all honesty, neither was she. If I 'let myself off the hook of 'his' responsibility', then the same would have to apply to her as well. It was HIS actions and choices that I had trouble with. She could lure him all she wanted, but if he had any integrity, it wouldn't have mattered.

OK CBrown, now that you vented (which is good), what nice thing are you going to do for yourself? A little motivation for 'ya....'living well is the best revenge' 'ya know?
Old 08-31-2007, 03:54 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well ... it's been in the works for a while, but I signed today for a travel trailer! I already had a popup trailer, but it was small and this new trailer will allow me to go on road trips for ME! ME! ME! ME! Did I mention ME!? I'd like to go to Williamsburg, Gettysburg, maybe New England. All I got was talk from my XABF about buying a motorhome and traveling the country, and now I'm going to DO it either by myself or with my REAL non-alkie friends!

I'm still fired up, though. I found out that the XABF is trying to get the Keys trash marina broad to go to London with him. Well, let 'em pub crawl together. I'll be happily on the road here!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
ICU

Another camper? Cool! Rhode Island has a beautiful campground on a lake...gosh, I can't remember the name off hand. Try googling it. It's something like Worthington I think? New Hampshire has wonderfully scenic camping areas too.

Enjoy both planning and going on your trips. That's the spirit!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good for you! That sounds like a blast. As you start living in the present, more and more he'll become part of your past away from your minds eye.

I have friends and family scattered throughout the country from the East to West coast. I've considered leaving most of my things in storage when I leave AH and taking a year or two travelling to visit everyone. I might like it and never want to settle down again LOL.

I'd have to "visit" by earning from temp jobs between destinations. When you think about it there are RV parks almost everywhere and it would give me my own place to stay for a couple of months while spending time with them.

I don't know if I can physically manage driving and setting up alone, but I'm seriously still thinking about it if I could purchase an RV outright. Thanks for bringing it up.
I think you're going to have a great time.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

CEBrown....come to Mass. and go camping on the Cape, and get me along the way, my brother just bought a popup camper too!!! We went to NH and it was so much fun

Gosh, i was reading your post about your xbf going to his xgf, same exact thing for me, i paid thousands, got him to AA and then he went away with her. Like you said, once the honeymoon is over and they realize why they broke up the FIRST time is probably when they will have the biggest regrets. We deserve so much better, it's wicked hard to move on but no one needs that treatment
Old 08-31-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ok Happy Dance time for the weekend!

Ready everyone here we go dance.......
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Dance2.gif (3.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 08-31-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Yea baby, I'm packing tonight!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
ICU

Great idea!!!

I’ll be just as soon as I my lemon-garlic chicken for dinner tonight that I’ve been marinating for over 24 hours.

Then later I’ll be playing some
to unwind!

Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone. Be nice to yourselves, ok?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
ICU

Hey, Astro and I are doing the same kind of dance! What's up with that??? ;-) Enjoy your trip Astro!