I am so mad I may call the atterny geleral!!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I am so mad I may call the atterny geleral!!

This is off topic but I must share. Back on 6/1 I ordered fowers from FTD on line because my AH's cousin had died. They offered me $15.00 off my order (evedently) though I do not remember clicking on anything, just looked for the best thing I could get within my budget. Anyway, ever since then I have been being charged $10.00 a month for some travel thing. OH GUESS WHAT! When I got the discount (so they tell me) I said it was ok for this other company to bill me for a service that has nothing to do with FLOWERS FOR A FUNERAL!!!!!!!!!!!! I notice the memo post to my account today and called the 1-800 number that is listed and the first think on their automated system is (to cancel your account press 1) Talk about a scam!!!

I sent an email to FTD and told them what I thought of them and their letting a partner company CHARGE my account. I am soooooooooooo Angry (nice word) I may call the atterney general and ask them to look into this. Even if their is a disclaimer on there in the fine print..... IT IS WRONG!!

Amazing how pi**ed off I can get over someone I don't know ripping me off for a few bucks and how I put up with sooooooo much more at home. This confims it.... I AM THE CRAZY ONE!

Sorry for being is such a bad mood today but I am just so tired of everyone taking and taking and taking untell there is nothing left.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Did you call your bank and stop payment on this? Seems like a scam to me.
I will be very careful about buying flowers online again!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the "heads up" - they sure can be sneaky!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Lost sorry you had to deal with this!

I worked for a friend of mine in one of his 3 floral shops doing his books for 8 years and also working in the shop.

When you order flowers the best thing to do is not do it online-you can find a flower shop online that does FTD, TeleFlora, AFS in the area you are trying to order and if they take orders online then do so through the flower shop site only or CALL THEM. Let them take care of the work-of getting the flowers where they need to go....

and never hit anything that might seem like a good deal!

Relax ....breathe...we all make mistakes and will it is when we learn from them that is the biggest accomplishment!

Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

so tired of everyone taking and taking and taking untell there is nothing left.
Sick and tired of being sick and tired,,,

I got mad at "tourists",,,he,he,he,,,,

Man, they use to frost my arse,,don't they know their not suppose to cross the street unless the "hand" TELLS them too?!?!? Oh, and if the car in front of me stopped at the crosswalk when the light was GREEN I was on the horn. lol

I finally figured out it wasn't the "tourist", but the "twisting" over my "situation" that was making me HATE the "day to day". Letting the one person who was the center of my universe CONTROL me. Once my plan for boundary's and detachment was in place, I found myself stopping on the green, and letting the people pass.

Go figure?!?!?

It sure is EASIER figuring out the mortal dilemna's when I am at "peace" within myself,,,,

((((((((Lost))))))))

PEACE
Old 08-28-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had something like this happen to me awhile back. I ordered something online for my niece and there was an option for a service that I had to opt out of. I clicked the opt out and thougth nothing of if. It wasn't untli I was having trouble reconciling my statements that I realized that I was being billed for the service.

I immediately called my bank and nothing could be done except to cancel my card and issue me a new one.

I'm sorry this is happening to you lost. I would call your bank and change numbers. These scam artists are slick and as if we don't already have enough to watch out for, they add more.

Sending you a needed hug,
Jilly
Old 08-28-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

If the flowers were bought on a credit card u may have some protection. They can refute the charges for u. Good luck..
Old 08-29-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

Well.... I got a refund for the money they took but they said I signed up for their service by using a discount on the FTD site. I don't know.... I am not so mad today but I think I will still call on it. I think this is a way for a company to commit fraud in that most people wont notice for a while and just opt out to cancell rather than fight for the $10.00. One fights and 10 don't...... They got $90.00.

As for calling my bank...... I am my bank. LOL Several large banks got in trouble some years ago because they shared your name address and spending happets with partner companies. They did not share any of your account information but gave out just enough so that joe blow company could target you with phone calls and junk mail. Well the banks were told by the atterney general that it was not right and to STOP! So..... The banks sent letters to everyone asking if they would like to be taken off this target list and those that responded got taken off.

What FTD is doing is desecpive (I know I can't spell) They put something on their site that made me think I was dealing with them when in fact I was not. This company tells me I accepted the offer and joined their travel club. If I did then why didn't I ever get anything that told me I was a member and why didn't I get anything that told me what my $10.00 a month was getting me??? No this smells real bad boys and girls and I think I need to follow through.

Hope your all doing well. Oh and yes I am at work. I tried to bring up my old laptop but by golly it has a trojen virus on it that wont go away. Oh well. I'll figure it out and get that stinker running.

Thanks for being there for me.
D
Old 08-29-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the heads up on FTD online. I don't often use them, but sometimes something comes up and I might be tempted for sending flowers out of state or something. Good info to know.