Talked to the attorney today

Old 08-27-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talked to the attorney today

About filing for divorce (AH refuses to physically separate because he is "doing better"), the laws here do not allow me to make him move out until the divorce is final unless I can get a restraining order (he has to beat me or threaten to kill me or himself etc)

because we have a minor child there is a 6 month mandatory waiting period (ugh)

I work at a law firm and the attorney will pretty much handle it for free, he did advise me to offer counseling one more time before I file and to try to wait until our son is 14 (7 months but that takes away any custody issues pretty much, at that point the child is mature enough to decide which parent to live with and there can be no forced visitation).

There is a slim possibility that the A could try to get spousal support (another ugh).

I am going to give him one week and told him that just now on the phone, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

((hadenoughnow)),

Aren't the laws interesting. I dont have children with my ex, although the support issue did come up. I had never been so furious in all my years with him, as I was when that arose.

There are a number of factors the judge considers when considering a request for support..as I am sure you know...I was really upset at first, but my attorney told me it was a VERY slim chance..and I ended up fine.

Hugs to you and I hope you have some peace today