Do anything exciting over the weekend?

Old 05-27-2003, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do anything exciting over the weekend?

Did anyone do anything exciting? Go anywhere for the weekend? Not me, I stayed home all weekend long and did things around the house. The most exciting thing we did was put the retaining wall up for our landscaping..I must say, we did a good job and it makes a world of difference in the way our yard looks! My hubby did drink on Saturday, but I still did what I wanted to do..I expected drinking all weekend long, but happily, he talked to me about what was bothering him and didn't drink or even mention it the rest of the weekend and was awesome the rest of the weekend. He even made plans for us to stay at the Ritz Carleton for our anniversary in June! His brother works for Marriott and can get us a room for dirt cheap there (Under $100 and its normally $200 ++) and he's taking me away for an overnight stay YEAH!!!

So, what did everyone else do with their long weekends??????
Old 05-27-2003, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I already mentioned it a couple of times, but I painted my library and deep periwinkle blue. I'm also spring-cleaning my house. My 3rd daughter is graduating on Friday evening, and we have her open house on Saturday. I have a lot to do........

My husband, is replacing our front and side porches, putting them back to the Victorian look they had when the house was built. We have lumber, and "stuff" outside everywhere. He is usually the gardener, as yardwork is his second love next to alcohol, and he hasn't hit a lick on the yard since he started the porches--the weather has not been agreeing with this. So, I expect I will be weeding flowers, as well--I usually avoid it like the plague, as I get poison ivy, if I do. Soooooo........

That's my whole week!

Lyn
Old 05-27-2003, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

3 days...3 books!! That is the way I planned it and that is what I managed to do. It was sunny so I took it outside to the patio.

Ahhhhh,
JT
Old 05-27-2003, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Over the weekend my husband and I played in a slow-pitch softball tournament. It was loads of fun!

It irks me tho, cuz there are 3 divisions A,B and C. And to the winner of each division goes a great prize.... guess what it is... A case of beer!!! Our team won the B division, so we got the beer and a new bat and some balls.

I was a little worried about G being around all the beer this weekend (everyone drinks, even in the dugout during the game). After our last game on Sunday, I asked G if he wanted to stick around to watch the A division final and he said "I don't know... It's hard being around all these guys drinking". And I said "thats all you had to say... lets go!". But in the end he decided to sit outside of the bleachers and we enjoyed the game while our kids played in the park . It was nice. And good for him!

Anyhow... thats what I did
Meg
Old 05-27-2003, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We stayed home and swam in our front yard It rained all weekend. We managed to have a cookout yesterday. Y'all ever heard of a Pig Pickin'? Yep...we cooked a half a hog on the grill and chowed down. No we don't raise pigs here at the house but they do down the road

GRITS (Girls Raised In The South)

2many2count