I think I've been doing pretty good....

Old 05-26-2003, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

I think I've been doing pretty good....

Hi all,

I think I have been doing pretty good dealing with all the chaos that has been going on lately. Hubby has been home for almost a week and is finally coming out of that medicated fog that he was in.

He sees the doctor and counselor tomorrow which is good for him. I've been having a lot of mixed emotions lately about everything that happened.

I am still pissed about what he did and the damages he caused and I sure do think he should be held accountable for what he did. I am hoping that this latest set of events might help to scare him sober so to speak but I really don't know.

The man has a history of mental problems. Not sure if this last hospital stay was to try to take care of those problems or if it would just look like the right thing to do.

I guess now I am worried about the DUI and other charges that are going to happen. He received the certified notice, just hasn't picked it up yet. Been receiving lawyers letters left and right, soliciting his business. I know things will happen when they happen for a reason. I just feel so bad about this particular DUI. I know he was drinking and shouldn't have been driving; but I almost feel like it shouldn't have happened if these mental issues are for real. I just don't know. Maybe I am being selfish. Maybe I am thinking of being alone if jail time comes around the corner.

I honestly don't know what I am trying to say. I suppose you could call it rambling again.

Maybe I am just annoyed that because of the things that he did, indirectly affect me and it just doesn't seem right.

Okay, enough whining for me..... I feel a little better.

Thanks for listening.
Hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-26-2003, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((((((Debbie))))))))))))))))

Here...I had this Chocolate Tiara Cheesecake made especially for you

You can't even tell it's calorie free!

phoenix
Old 05-26-2003, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Debbie))))) You have every right to feel PO'd whether the underlying cause of all this is due to your hubby's mental status or not. The fact remains that he made a bad choice and it is YOU that was left to clean up the mess with the neighbours, not to mention HOURS of time trying to find answers in regards to your car. It was very upsetting to you and you were left alone to deal with all of it.

I know how worried you must be about the DUI charges and all the things still to come, but do your best not to let yourself get too caught up in the things that aren't ultimately your responsibility - easier said than done, I know.

Anyway, I think you're doing great - in fact, I think you're doing so great that maybe you don't need every piece of that Chocolate Tiara Cheesecake, so pass some over here!

Love and hugs.

PS: I'm glad to hear that your hubby is doing better.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Debbie

I agree with Margo, and think it stinks that you still end up being part of the mess he caused. But I also think you have done a wonderful job in how you have handled everything, especially yourself, and that you are strong enough to get through the days ahead.

And I think it would make you feel even better, if you passed that chocolate tiara cheesecake around. I think it is my new favourite!!
Old 05-26-2003, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Thanks all. I guess it does stink and I suppose I just needed to throw myself a little pity party. I do believe in them now and then I know I will get through it, just need to take it one day at a time.

I really like the idea of the chocolate tiara cheesecake.....yummy!!
And of course I will pass it around. They probably even have a recipe out there some where for one and perhaps a picture......hmmmm.

Anyway, thanks I do appreciate everything. I am going to have pizza right now......

Hugs to you all.
Love,
Debbie
Old 05-26-2003, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It sure sounds like your doing good, keepin your head up high. These days i'm learning that keepin your head above water sometimes is good enough. It is so good to be able to come here and ramble.....

Take care Barbiedeb!!
Old 05-26-2003, 10:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Debbie - I'll RSVP any pity party that includes pizza, cake, chocolate, and ice-cream - you can count me in anytime!

Love and hugs
Old 05-26-2003, 11:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((((Debbie))))))))))))))))
Old 05-27-2003, 04:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

**********{Everyone}}}}}}}

I think I should have read today's al-anon readings yesterday

Everyone have a great day!!

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-27-2003, 05:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((((((((Debbie))))))))))

I think---hey---- you must be doing something right---you haven't shot him yet, have you?:asmd:

Geesh, I think I'd still be holding a grudge--I do that, you know. You still will have stress for the problems he caused this time around for a little while yet, but just handle it one day at a time. It can't be cleaned up all at once--Rome wasn't built in a day! Danged it I wouldn't be "miffed" for awhile! Glad he's trying to make amends, but that doesn't make you become an emotionless person, just because he's finally doing good. You have a right to feel whatever you are feeling, and telling us all about it doesn't hurt a thing--well just give ya more hugs, and pass around more cheesecake, pizza and icecream--I know I'm late, but did ya'll save me a sliver--this time?

Here, let's clean off that Tiara from on top of the cheesecake--Barbiedeb needs to wear it today!

Do you think "The Cheesecake Factory" will start making chocolate tiara cheesecake?

Lyn
Old 05-27-2003, 07:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Barbiedeb,

In my eyes, you are doing fantastic. Now if I could just convince YOU of that...

I think you are talking about something very similiar to what I was thinking about several days ago when I posted about dealing with all the 'fallout'. I know no where in the Bible does it say "Life is fair" but, I swuanne (great southern word there...lol), it just stinks when we are the ones who receive the 'delightful' letters or notifications of unpaid bills or letters regarding tickets or legal actions. I've just hated going to the mailbox and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

This life IS a rollercoaster of up and down emotions. We feel encouraged one minute and aggravated as all get outs the next.

Ok, so here's the deal Barb. If I can find a way OUT of this amuzement park, you wanna come with me? Heck, why don't ya'll all come? We'll sit on a bench and be soooooooo thankful for boring times!...

Hang in there, Barbiedeb. Your posts encourage me to keep on keeping on.

Love,

Hangin' In
P.S. Can I lick the tiara? Seems there's a little cheesecake left on it...
Old 05-27-2003, 10:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((((((barbiedeb))))))))

I think you are doing great as well. Your posts are always very encouraging and I find lots of good advice in them. You are special to everyone here. You are truly a great person. Take one day at a time. Venting is good.

Speaking of Cheesecake........I want some too!!!

Take care and keep posting those funny stories

2many2count

I'll bet you didn't realize that you get me through alot of my days smiling just reading your posts Thanks

2many2count
Old 05-27-2003, 03:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

********{Everyone}}}}}}

Lyn - Too funny.....haven't shot him, but have certainly felt like it at times, I guess I am just a non-violent person.....well, most of the time

Hangin'In - If you find a way off the ride, I am there right with you. I was never into those frightening rides, I much prefer the slowness of a carousel

2many2count - I have never really thought of my posts as encouraging, always thought I was being such a big whiner.....lol

You are all so great. You make me smile and really do help me get through my low times and I appreciate you all so much.

Now about that cheesecake, I think we could all share. I have to confess the pizza is gone but there is always plenty of the sweet stuff in this house......hmmm.....maybe thats not a good thing

Thanks again everyone. I love you all!

Many hugs,
Debbie