A Little of My Story

Old 08-14-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Little of My Story

Hello, to everyone...I fell like I know you all as I have been "lurking" quite a while. I have a hard time with trust and communication with people. I am 20 years married to an alcoholic that has said and done everything that I have read about here. This site has helped me so much in the past few months I just wanted to let you all know. In October of last year I told my AH that if he did not do something about his drinking that I was going to divorce him. He flipped me off and chugged his beer. In December I moved out of our room into my own room, got a job, my own bank account and credit card. In June I moved out. I live with my daughter and her husband in their house. It helps us all out financially and we all get along great. Of course the AH acts like I am the crazy one. I am trying no contact or as little as possible but it is hard when we own a house and other debt together. I have good days and really bad days. I come here and read everyday and get a lot of hope and strength and sometimes really feel the need to share. Especially to say Get out! get out! get out! to the ones who are struggling making up their minds. Get out today! Don't waste your lives with someone who does not care about you in a positive way. MY soon to be X-AH and I brought out the worst in each other. I don't believe that is what relationships are supposed to be about. Anyway to each and every one of you here Good luck and Thanks SO Much!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome 2grow

I'm so glad you had the strength and courage to leave a bad situation. I'm sure you have a lot to offer those of us who haven't managed to find that strength yet.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, 2grow! blessings, k
Old 08-14-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome 2Growstrong!

It's so uplifting to read stories like yours. You must feel so proud of yourself for all that you have achieved. Stick around this forum because you are an inspiration to many!

ARL
Old 08-14-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome 2Grow, I'm glad you've decided to stop lurking and start sharing! I'll look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing with us. Its good to read you are doing what you can to start living life as you want to.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I too have made the final steps in leaving my alcoholic husband after 25 years of marriage and 4 previous attempts. I finally got as far as filing for divorce which is turning into a no-fault because he is not able to care. I feel extremely scared mainly because I knoiw there is no choice because he does not care.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hello yourgirl, I'm sure you'll find comfort and support here. Welcome!
Old 08-14-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Welcome and thank you for posting your story.

If just one person will heed your advise, this will be one sucess story in the making.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Its true that living with an alcoholic or an addict is continual chaos, manipulation, abuse and exhaustive.
I got tired of draining my lifes energy on this kind of life. It wasn't a life. In alanon, I found my peace, my boundaries and my life again.