'This Is It'

Old 08-11-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ICU

'This Is It'

I begin 'living' TODAY!!!! Can't wait to see what 'that' feels like!

If you hear about some sort of loud rumble in the md-Atlantic area over the next several days, don't worry. It's just me dancing and singing up a storm at my concerts, parties, and reunion!

Have a great weekend everyone. See 'ya next week!!
Old 08-11-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ICU

Oh no, not today you don't

Touched base with my Dad this morning as I'm getting ready to take my dog there for the next few days. Yes, he is being kind enough to help me out.

THEN the old 'killer of enjoying life' started up again...."where am I going....do I know these people...what time are you getting home....when will you sleep...isn't the concert at the private party going to be too loud for the neighbors...aren't you too old for this....?"

My only reply to him was to say "doesn't it sound wonderful Dad? Aren't you excited for me? I know I am!!" "I get to see Kenny's concerts and speak with him again, meet new people, have fun, laugh, sing and dance"! "Whew...I can't wait"!!

He didn't have a reply! Hmmmm....I didn't let him ruin it for me and 'he' didn't know how to handle it. Interesting to say the least!!

I guess I've finally learned to accept that he's just a negative person....that's how he lives 'his' life. My mistake was allowing it to rub off on me, and, in the past, canceling my plans because of it. Well, not anymore!

I'm on my way out the door. Got some major singing and dancing to do. Bye for now!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you have a great time!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Can you keep it down a bit? Geeze, I can't concentrate with all that joyful noise you're making! Have a great time. Can't wait to hear the details.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sing one for us!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Getting a little loud is right!Sheesh LOL

You go girl! It feels good when you let the parents comments just roll off now right!?

Enjoy you!! Let us know how it goes! *Sigh* wish I was there! You can have enough fun for all of us!!

Old 08-11-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

Dance 'till your shoes wear out!!
Go girl!!
Have fun!
hugs,
cmc
Old 08-11-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Have fun!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ICU

Brief Update

WOW!!! The town of Red Bank rocked last night (did 'ya feel the rumble?), and I was a part of it! I danced all night and my voice is shot, but who cares?

It was such a huge day for me....seeing the concert, Kenny, meeting some wonderful new and NICE people, but most of all, feeling and 'being alive' again.....WOW!!!!

Next stop down the shore for a related reunion party and then to PA for the next show tonight!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update! Glad you are having fun; I'm enjoying just thinking about all the fun you are having!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't Wait To Hear The Details!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Too cool! I'm jealous!
I did see Acoustic Alchemy last week at the Birchmere so I just got one of my favorite band fixes too
Old 08-13-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ICU

Update Part 2

Thanks everyone.

Yup! We rocked Philly (actually Bensalem) last night at the outdoor show! Both the show, and the weather were hot!

Afterwards, we all went back to one of my 'new' friends home to continue the reunion party, AND, Crosby Loggins (crosbyloggins.com)..little plug there :-), (Kenny's 26 year old son) and one of Kenny's band members came to the house to give us a private performance. He's opening for some of Kenny's shows too! He looks a lot like his Dad, but has a sound and style all his own. If you listen closely though you can here a little bit of Kenny and perhaps even a James Taylor kind of feel. He'll be coming out with his new cd very shortly! There was a very strong possibility that Kenny was going to show up too, but, he didn't. Oh well, can't have everything!!

It was good to have been received and warmly welcomed by people that I have never met in person before. Granted, these are 'new' friendships, but so far, I really do like and appreciate what I see. And no red flags are awavin' yet either!

I'm just having a wonderful time. I never would have had the engery to keep up with it all if I was still burdened with the issues that I've been struggling with for the past few years.

Hopefully, I'll keep these memories and the energy in mind next time I think I want to isolate. This is soooo much better. It's good to be alive again.

I get today 'off', LOL, but I still have to prepare for tomorrow night's show.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow, sounds like you had a fabulous time and you deserved it. I had a quiet weekend, but did get out to see The Simpsons movie.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ICU

Me on YouTube

Well, actually it's my shirt on YouTube, LOL! It was so dark when this was shot that all you can see are people's shirts.

Click on blog from the road on the home page, then look for Aug. 12 entry. At the bottom is the video for Red Bank soundcheck on Aug. 11.

http://www.stpaulmusic.com/

Scanning left to right, I'm the one in the pink (although it looks more like red) shirt...about 4 or 5 people to the left from the person wearing the white shirt.

Paul, the person that shot this is in Kenny's band. Oh yeah, Kenny is in the video too.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

WOW!! What an experience! So happy you had so much fun and WOW what great memories to have.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow, ICU, when you get busy livin' you really do it BIG. Think I'll follow in your foot steps.