signs from above??

Old 08-10-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

signs from above??

I wonder!!! update on me and mine. left xab 6 weeks ago has been in contact with me once when he came out of hospital, which was suprisingly ok as all he did was talk about himself...

I still get upset when i hear music that we used to play, go to places that we used to go etc, but i'm hoping that's normal!!

Yesterday i was weepy all day and just wanted it all to stop, I was just grieving i suppose. Then out of the blue the phone rings and its him, worst possible timing ever (i thought) I asked how he was (mistake) he said he wasnt doing to well that his breathing was bad bla bla bla, and said "this situation with you and me is not good i'm missing you very much" and he started to cry, this got me going too, wow i was so close to going back. Then out of the blue he says can we meet on Saturday to talk? tell you what we'll go for a drink to the Grand hotel (old haunt). BANG. Oh my oh my how glad i am that he said that. My head went to top gear and said "Im sorry honey i cant im busy, and there isnt anything to talk about anymore, its all been said"

I wasnt sad, i was glad!!

But it did show me one thing HE really doesnt get it, so in denial. What a shame he cant see it.

Another strange thing happened a couple of hours later.. I went to get some milk from the shop in the village it was only bout 8pm and from one of the pubs a drunken man literally falls out of the door on to the pavement, behind him was his wife, she was so distrought trying to pick him up, trying to get him in the car. I stood and watched them for a while and all i could see was me and my xab. I went home and cried for the wife, not for me cos thank the lord im in a much better place. I think God saved me last night.

Mair
Old 08-10-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Good for you Mair, what an encouraging story. You sound so much stronger. I bet you didn't think you had it in you to do that 6 weeks ago. I guess that is living proof that time does heal. I'll think of you when i get that sad urge to talk to my exbf. I'm so glad your feeling better these days keep up the good work, your helping so many of us i'm sure!
Old 08-10-2007, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

Thanks for sharing your good recovery with us here. I'm glad that things are becoming more clear for you. It's wonderful when the heart and mind begin to match up with each other.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ICU

I definitely believe they were signs. And you were wise and experienced enough to catch on. Good for you!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is

Good for you. I guess some things never change. I'm happy for your change of heart.

Jenny
Old 08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mair View Post
I think God saved me last night.
Sounds like it.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

What a wonderful sign! Thanks for sharing Mair.

Originally Posted by Mair View Post
left xab 6 weeks ago has been in contact with me once when he came out of hospital, which was suprisingly ok as all he did was talk about himself...
When mine was on his "pink cloud" that's all he did too. When he asked how I was doing and I told him about the messes I was cleaning up that he left behind, his comment to me was "Let's not dwell on the negatives".
Old 08-10-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Sounds like a nice reality check.

You were able to be on the outside and look in this time.

What you saw was what so many are willing to put up with.

The great part is, you don’t have to!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Talking

All I can say, is, Good Girl
Old 08-11-2007, 12:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Talking

All I can say, is, Good Girl
Old 08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cagefree View Post
When he asked how I was doing and I told him about the messes I was cleaning up that he left behind, his comment to me was "Let's not dwell on the negatives".
Ah yes. Let's not deal with the realities of life. Boy does that seem familiar.