In Emergency

Old 08-11-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

You both are in my prayers.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

She was booked in to go into the rehab centre today straight from the hospital. I rang early this morning and spoke to the doctor. He said she now refused to go and they can not force her to as she was assessed in the Mental Clinic and found mentally stable. They realize she is an alcoholic, and that was so sad.
Mentally stable, does that mean, unable to look after yourself and your kids. Drive the car smashed to the eyeballs, in financial ruin, her house looks like a pack of animals has gone through and destroyed everything. She was taken to hospital with that alcohol reading and now she will just go home and start all over again.

It is so unfair what we all go through hey? After throwing all that out my mouth, I AM Speechless!

PS. Thanks all for your support as I needed it the last few days.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
full of hope

I'm so sorry, Just! It's so hard to watch them spiral..to know they are so close to help and won't grab hold. I'm so sorry!

Saying a prayer for you all!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

so sorry justjo, what a sad continuation of an already sad story
Old 08-12-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to see that this didn't go the way you hoped. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Jo. I'll be praying for you and your family.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I just read this thread (I have been on vac in Florida) and this amazes me .... you have my prayers as well hun...
Old 08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Hi again, Jo. I found it easier to detach myself almostly completely from Richard. It simply was too painful to watch him drink himself to death and I couldn't find peace within myself while I remained embroiled in his problems. So for the most part I avoided speaking to him during the last few months of his life and only spoke to him when he was reasonably sober.

Of course, you have to decide for youself if you can live with that decision and have peace within yourself should your sister succumb to her drinking, as Richard did. At first I felt a few waves of guilt for not being there for him in the end, but then I realized that I never really left his side. I was there for him and supported him emotionally from a safe distance away, an dof course I never stopped loving him.

Best of luck to you and I'll continue to keep you and your sister in my prayers.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

I try so hard not to think about her and her situation but every day it just keeps creeping in. I know its just the fear of loosing her but I am very aware that I cant help her anymore. She just wont accept any help from anyone. I just cant work it out. The addiction is poison and it will eventually kill her. I pray not as I have read so many stories about people here that have come through it all. I pray and pray she will be one of these great people who have survived it.
I try so hard not to cry over her, it hurts. It is so very amazing how this has consumed my life (and she isnt even aware of it) and now I have to get on with it I guess. Last night I gave all my children who still live with me (18, 20, 24) a big kiss and a giant hug and told them I love them and am proud they are my sons. I rang my neice and nephew and told them the same. I was even being silly with my other half and joking and laughing. A bit later though, I felt sad because I thought I have all of this and my sister is home alone and in LaLa Land.
I am so grateful for all of you, the great advise and even the ones who tell me off sometimes, as it puts everything back into perspective for me. My sincere thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm sorry, justso. i understand..

blessings, k
Old 08-13-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

(((justjo)))