I'm pathetic!!!

Old 05-24-2003, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm pathetic!!!

Okay, don't anyone panic, all is going well in the household. It's been over a week and no drinking. HOWEVER, amongst the no drinking he's decided to quit smoking, which he actually did before the stopping drinking (and I didn't even notice! )

Well anyhoo, I'm also a smoker, but figured I'd give quitting a shot. I was all prepared, had two packs left on Thursday and I was gonna be finished. Wehell, DH and my friend smoked my last pack on Thursday, so it was cold turkey for me on Friday. Did well until grabbing a coffee at the WaWa this evening. They were just calling my friggin name! LOL I was strong though, said nope, not gonna do it. Then made if a few miles down the road and made the hubby turn back and get me a pack! LOL I'm such a sad case. I'm sittin here smokin like a chimney. And enjoying the hell out of it too! :p
Old 05-24-2003, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Justfedup

Oh hell, smoking. I have tried and failed so many times. I sit back now and smoke like a chimney too. Maybe when they reach $10 a pack I will cut down......lol

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-24-2003, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hi Fed up,
I had quit for 2 months, and went back to it not long ago. Don't beat yourself up... just allow your conscience to work. When you feel strong, try again. I know we can do it!
Meg
Old 05-24-2003, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Yarghhh! DH is hittin the bottle again. Oh well, such is life. I've got my smokes, so I'm happy as a clam! It won't get ugly this evening. He's got his PS2, I won't even see him til morning. :finger1:
Old 05-24-2003, 09:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Bummer, wish some of y'all were up. I'm bored.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

I'm up
Meg
Old 05-25-2003, 09:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey you! I'm up and smokin' like a freight train

2many2count
Old 05-25-2003, 10:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

All of you late nighters......just because the tiara girl story ended doesn't mean you can't start a story of your own, especially if you are bored........Perhaps the Chain Smoking Al-Anon Gang.......lol

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-25-2003, 10:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I guess I can join you then but I'm even more pathetic because since I have a 1 and a 2 yr old, I got out to the freezing cold garage and stand there like an idiot and smoke. I'm not ready to quit. I told myself by the time I reach 40, I'll quit.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

I have to go outside when I am work. I don't enjoy them when I have to do that but there is the calling for a smoke. I enjoy them the most after a meal and of course with that first cup of coffee in the morning.......heaven
Old 05-25-2003, 10:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Actually, funny thing.....the morning smoke used to be my fav but after I got pregnant, I can't smoke in the morning anymore. It's all a big mystery as far as I'm concerned. I quit for 6 1/2 yrs then I met my husband who smokes. After a yr of dating him I couldn't stand it anymore and I smoked one, well that was it. Then I got pregnant and quit. Started again, got pregnant again quit again and started again. However, after doing all of that i don't smoke nearly as much as I used to.

I'm sure you're all really glad you have this valuable information
Old 05-26-2003, 08:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I love my Morning smoke with coffee too. During my bubble bath when all is quiet in the house.....I hate the fact that I love to smoke but oh well....My mom quit for about 1 1/2 yrs. and she would still crave them whenever someone would come in and smell of smoke. She started sneaking out smoking because she loves to smoke. Now she smokes again. I wonder if I could ever quit. I did when I was pregnant but when I came home and could smell it on my husband I had to have one. Whoa...what a headrush I got!

2many2count
Old 05-26-2003, 08:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

My mom, bless her heart, used to smoke two packs a day. She is 76, a couple years ago she got sick and went into the hospital because she couldn't breathe right. From that day on, she hasn't smoked - cold turkey. My dad still smokes around her and it doesn't seem to bother her at all. I asked her once, she said - The fear of not being able to breath was stronger than the craving she had for a cigarette. To this day I am still amazed she doesn't smoke.

Anyway, just a little share about my mom
Old 05-26-2003, 07:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

smoke smoke smoke that cigarette !
add me to the alanon chain gang !

hate it but the addiction is there
until it isn't.
going to try again after plane trip next month to quit
but scared of planes so will wait till its over.
always the famous excuses lol !!

smokin and jokin
liddy
Old 05-26-2003, 10:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

Hello fellow smokers!

I have a question. My son is in treatment and he said everyone there smokes. He has never smoked but started there. After about a month he stopped because he didn't want to get addicted. Anyway, when he was first trying to stop drinking he asked me why I didn't stop smoking. I told him I have tried many many times. I even said what Stephanie said, I'll quit before I turn 40. I just don't want to. I like it. I am 43 and still smoke. So back to my question, Is it a bad influence on my son for me not to quit when he is doing everything hew can to quit drinking. He doesn't live at home and I never smoke around him, but it's just that I feel bad that he is so strong to fight drinking and I am not a very good example. What do you think?

Thanks, DMOM
Old 05-27-2003, 04:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey D MOM

I think you are an adult and can do what you want to do. I do not drink around my husband but that doesn't mean I don't have a cocktail now and then when I go out with my friends to dinner but of course I can stop at just one.

My hubby smokes and so do I but if he were to quit today, I would respect that and just not smoke around him (not sure if he would do the same for me though ).

Anyway, I think you are being respectful to him by not smoking around him. If you aren't ready, you aren't ready.

Not sure if this helped, just my opinion

Many hugs,
Debbie