police wives

Old 08-08-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hurt again

police wives

I am new here..and was wondering if there are other law enforcement wives out there? Would love to hear from you!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

No, but I was married to a fireman. Same brotherhood, different badge. In my case, the rules didn't apply to him, he was above the law... major hero/dragon slayer complex.

Any of that ring true?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hurt again

Of course. If he gets pulled over "it will be ok." What about if you kill someone, will it still "be ok" then? Sees it everyday but forgets about it when he is the one out having fun.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

my husband is a police officer, I have sent you a private message. I would love to chat with you.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hurt again

I have been a member less than a day so it won't let me send you a private message yet. But I would love to talk to you too!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

police wives

I will PM you with my e-mail address..
Old 08-08-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Husband's a Corrections Officer...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
harleygirl92156

Was married to x-husband 18 years, he was a cop. Didn't drink much but cocky, controling, liar, and passive aggressive....

Divorced him and married alcoholic.........go figure....lol
Old 08-08-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My mother-in-law's AH is a court bailliff. He often talks about the meth losers he sees in court. When he ran his van into a utility pole and left the scene, the cops came to his house and had a private chat with him.

Weird to think of people in positions of authority making decisions that effect others, while using their alcoholic minds.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am not married, but am in a serious relationship with a police officer...and alcoholic. Would love to chat with you, but i am new as well and this won't let me send a private message. But i would love to chat.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My counselor and I explored this from both angles - his need to be hero, hence his choice in careers, and MY need to have a hero in my life. Classic co dependent stuff...

Mine ultimately lost his job as firefighter/paramedic, and that's when our big problems started. IN retrospect, I can see that he created most of the chaos so he could come in and do his rescue thing and get his feel-goods.

I was proud of what he did when he was in uniform, yet uncomfortable at the same time as I grew to see the darker uglier side of things. Imagine my surprise when I learned he wasn't a god, after all, but just a mere mortal, warts and all. it was the beginning of my learning that "good" people can do very "bad" things
Old 08-09-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

married to a cop

I was married to a cop for 33 long years. He was also a heavy drinker and zero emotions. I divorced him and fell in love with an alcoholic which I am now distancing myself from. Being married to a cop was not fun and my children suffered all through their childhood with no father even though he lived in the same house he was not there. His mother and hunting were obsessions and his immediate family was very low on the priority list. I should have divorced right after I was married. I found out he was two different people and as soon as we were married things were totally different.
Supporter11
Old 08-09-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Not married to one but have lots in the family. Best of luck finding comraderie!