Has anyone ever videotaped their drunk?

Old 08-08-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
I guess it would depend on the individual on whether or not it would have any impact. Some would be humilliated, some, as mentioned, would only find it funny.
I know video holds up in court. In my state if you want a divorce, you have to wait a year! Unless, you can prove alcohol abuse or substance abuse.
Then you can get divorced in 2 weeks.
Plus, if there were physical abuse, well, I'd have something to back it up in court.
Thanks for all the replies.
Well...if it was having to do with a divorce i.e. children involved etc...I probably would have considered it! It was not a hubby so It was not worth the wasted energy with this one-

I did take pictures however when I was dragged down the steps and had bruises all over my legs and arm! That held up very nicely in court!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Eeek no, viewing it one time was enough for me!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
I have always wondered if anyone ever video'd the alcoholic or addict in their life while they were acting stupid, and showed it to them.

I'm not really who you asked but your question reminded me of one of my eye openers. I started meth to lose weight, relapsed many times to lose weight, and kept doing it to stay thin and keep losing, I always thought I was looking "better thinner".

One night for whatever odd reason my methed out brain decided to take pictures and I uploaded them and was playing with them on my computer, lol, and I was like,
HEY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CAMERA!!! I don't look so good there, and I did another line and took more pictures, like three times I did this.
Still thinking, what's wrong with my camera? or is it my computer? lol (slaps head) then for some reason I tinted one of the pictures red, or just my face (don't ask me what I was doing) and I left and when I came back into my room and saw that picture on my screen, I swear to god I was looking straight at the Devil....

It still brings tears to my eyes. It's kind of a funny story, and sounds stupid, and I'm sure it was all just in my head. But that was one of the nights right before I found SR and one of the things that got me to quit.
I didn't see myself as that person or who I was till then. After that I was looking at the pictures and in the mirror and no longer could see that 'person' I saw before..
I saw a drawn out person on meth who even though I still had a lot of people fooled, I looked horrible and was on her way to a slow death....

But... during that time, I was looking for reasons to quit, and looking for signs. I wanted to quit, just didn't think I could. I think if I wasn't ready or didn't want to quit, the devil himself couldn't have changed my mind. I was at the point where I was finding a a lot of little signs like that..

I think I deleted that picture but the last time I saw it, I still think I looked like a devil, eww the way I tilted my head and all of it...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great question. I've said quite a few times I wish I could see how I act when I'm drunk since I blackout. I think it'd be a real eye opener and obviously extremely humiliating. Might be good though. Depends on who you are dealing with I suppose.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've considered videotaping my ah many times, not knowing if that is the "right" thing to do or not. I do tell him what he did and he looks at me like I am telling something someone else did....he has no memory of it. It is hurtful for him to hear it, I don't know how he'd feel if he saw it with his own eyes.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I have thought of doing it. I watched a TV show one time where this man taped him self every day for a month and then stopped drinking. He could not beleive what he was looking at, of course he was looking through eyes that were LOOKING to see how the alcohol affected him.

I didn't have much in the line of black outs. I was one who remembered stuff later and then felt sick about what I did. I would love to have a drink and just enjoy the buz but I know I can't and I will turn back into that person who makes me so sick inside and out.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I was video taped years ago. May be 10 years ago. It was horrible to watch, in fact I couldn't even watch it. The thought of it still makes my stomach turn.