SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   He signed it (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/130230-he-signed.html)

TexasGirl 08-06-2007 07:07 PM

He signed it

Well, he did it. He agreed to sign the final decree of divorce. I will be returning it to my lawyer tomorrow morning. At that point, we just have to get on the attorney's court schedule, a timeline the secretary told me would be about two weeks. I can't believe it's really coming to an end. I'm relieved, I'm sad, and I'm almost excited. It's so weird. He cried, said he was sorry, and walked out the door after signing. It's a very weird feeling.

Mr. Christian 08-06-2007 07:09 PM

Yes it is a strange feeling, but a new begining for you.

Rella927 08-06-2007 07:17 PM

TG :Val004:

:cheer

And this too shall pass! (The "weird feeling") Hang in there hon this is the new life and it starts now.........

FormerDoormat 08-06-2007 07:18 PM

Funny, I feel very happy for you, yet sad for him because I'm sure he's aware of what he's lost.

Zoey 08-06-2007 07:46 PM

Glad for you TG.

denny57 08-06-2007 07:54 PM

Thinking of you, TG.

Lady BlueMiles 08-06-2007 08:29 PM

Wishing you a happy and peaceful new year TG.

keepingmyjoy 08-06-2007 11:01 PM

All the best...go and find peace and joy....

CE Girl 08-07-2007 03:51 AM

Hey TG, a new "level" hey? ;)

I find when there is "transition" there needs to be absorbtion. I focus on living in the day and getting used to the newness. Sorting the feelings and facing the reality.

You done GOOD girl,,,:)

Peace

embraced2000 08-07-2007 06:05 AM

i understand that feeling tg.....when i divorced my xh, common remarks were made regarding celebrations, going out on the town, etc.......it sure didn't feel like a celebration to me.....it felt like a tremendous loss.

very few people understood when i told them that because they thought i should have been happy to be shed of him considering all of the events that had taken place.

i just gave myself permission "to feel" it all and process it all just like i would any loss. it was tough. the finality of it was real tough.

sending peaceful, caring thoughts to both you and him.

CatsPajamas 08-07-2007 06:06 AM

Congratulations, and I'm sorry.

Hugs
Cats

parentrecovers 08-07-2007 07:48 AM

peace and forgiveness, tx girl. k

Astro 08-07-2007 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by TexasGirl (Post 1440606)
He cried, said he was sorry, and walked out the door after signing.

I wonder how many of us A's have those moments of remorse, when the consequences of our actions hit us with startling clarity? I remember having those same feelings when I signed our divorce papers, and when I signed the house over to my ex. Amazing how clear it becomes when it's too late.

I'm very happy for you TG, and excited too for your new beginning on life.

sunshine321 08-07-2007 08:41 AM

"I'm relieved, I'm sad, and I'm almost excited."

Those feelings are completely normal. Relieved for it to finally be over, sad that it didn't turn out the way you wanted or expected it to, and excited to start your new life. I totally understand and felt all those feelings too when I got divorced. In fact I was so sad that I actually was crying in court when the judge was asking the questions about ending our marriage and I was the one who wanted the divorce. But I wasn't divorcing an A, just an unavailable man so I didn't harbor any feelings of anger toward him. Just plain sadness that the life we had hoped for didn't turn out. It was the death of our marriage I needed to mourn.

I am happy for you, for you will feel light and free once the sadness passes. I wish you much joy in your new life.

Jenny

cagefree 08-07-2007 08:59 AM

Congrats TG. Almost a nice gift that he showed remorse and didn't direct blame or resentfulness on you.

guineapigjude 08-07-2007 09:00 AM

The day we went to court, when I saw XAH coming into the waiting area before we went into the judge, I had about one minute of the worst feeling I had ever had. My stomach dropped, I felt like I was outside myself watching the scene ~ or in a bad dream ~ I wanted him to say he wasn't going to go through with it, or wanted to beg him to try again...it was awful and completely unexpected. Luckily I had enough presence of mind to let the feeling pass, and for the most part it did, though I was left with an almost overwhelming sadness. On the lighter side, XAH acted like an absolute jerk in front of the judge (I think he was high) and by the end of the proceeding I was relieved I didn't have to apologize for his behavior as I've done so many times in the past!
It's a definite process ... you'll be okay, one moment at a time.

Ayers1995 08-07-2007 09:24 AM

It almost made me cry just hearing this from you TG. It's so hard to go through all the emotions... I was excited... I cried... I was scared of making a mistake. I'm doing so much better now... I'm happy for you - you should be very proud of yourself. Stand strong girl.

Love ya. Dawn

elizabeth1979 08-07-2007 10:12 AM

What a myriad of emotions.
D decided last week to withdraw proceedings over mindless nonsense and things he wouldnt have been awarded most likely. Great news of course, but brought on a whole new realm of feelings. I felt sad and sick, and just overwhelmed, but all in a resolution type way.
You are doing good.
Its your time now.

Hugs to you!!!!!!!!!

lillamy 08-07-2007 10:27 AM

Would it be wrong to say "congratulations"?
Would it be wrong to say I'm jealous?
Big hugs. It's a new dawn. It's a new day. And you deserve it.