Let's write a story.....I have too much time on my hands

Old 05-24-2003, 08:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Misfit

Originally posted by phoenix
"Hi...Mel really needs a meeting....."

and just then...
the little flattened elf magically appeared wearing scuba grear in the hot tub. He had somehow learned how to time travel and transport himself places. He was no longer miffed about being flattened and apologised for scaring everyone with his microphone bit.

He asked "What have I missed".....
Old 05-24-2003, 08:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally posted by solotraveler
the little flattened elf magically appeared wearing scuba grear in the hot tub. He had somehow learned how to time travel and transport himself places. He was no longer miffed about being flattened and apologised for scaring everyone with his microphone bit.

He asked "What have I missed".....
The Great One hadn't been thrilled to see Mel show up at his hot tub,even accompanied by a bevy of beautiful Merry Posters.But finding that he'd had a scuba diving elf in the tub....
Old 05-24-2003, 10:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

he decided his higher power did indeed work in mysterious ways, said the serenity prayer and asked the elf if he was in charge of bringing the snacks.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

... Jon opened his trusty laptop and keyed in a mystic phrase. Suddenly the earth rumbled and the water began to churn. Beneath the startled elf, the floor of the hot tub began to open. He saw flashing lights and frothing bubbles. Before the elf's amazed eyes the hot tub walls expanded and water came forth from the subterranean depths to fill it. Then slowly, the glint of metal. A submarine rose to the surface. The hatch opened and Smoke's red mane appeared.

"Now what?" she said. "I got your pm and we got here as soon as we could. Ann is below decks arranging hanging plants in the engine room and MG is busy on the radio talking to someone in someplace called Goodoo or something... seems a tiara and the wearer have gone missing... but if this is important...?"
Old 05-25-2003, 05:08 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Jon said..."take the elf and go wouldya? He is peeing in the tub! Sheeesh...you can take the elf out of the forest but..."

The elf hung his little head in shame and climbed down the hatch following Smoke's red mane. He passed all the hanging plants and lovely as they were he had to shake his head in wonderment. He approached MG at the radio and said...
Old 05-25-2003, 05:31 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally posted by Just Tired
Jon said..."take the elf and go wouldya? He is peeing in the tub! Sheeesh...you can take the elf out of the forest but..."

The elf hung his little head in shame and climbed down the hatch following Smoke's red mane. He passed all the hanging plants and lovely as they were he had to shake his head in wonderment. He approached MG at the radio and said...
"I'm really sorry.I was dazzled by the tiara and I have always been powerless over hot tubs.But I'd like to make amends.I have a cousin who works at the Keebler factory and he's been trying to get me to move out there.It's good work and has awesome benefits and I think we'd all be very happy.Let us go far away from feathery elephants and hot tubs and grumpy gurus.It's not just another geographical cure this time...I swear.It will be different this time."

And it was at that moment...
Old 05-25-2003, 05:42 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

That there was an earthquake and the hot tub and the cruel, grumpy guru got sucked down into the earth. Tiara girl and the elf, Smoke, Ann, and Mg all looked at eachother in shock..........They joined hands, made a circle around the hot tub, began to dance around it and yes, happily broke out into song.....

Ding Dong the cruel grumpy guru is gone, Ding Dong the cruel Grumpy guru is gone. They all got in the subnmarine and headed for the keebler factory...................
Old 05-25-2003, 06:46 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

...which seemed to pose a problem at first, since the hottub was gone and therefore they had no access to the subterranean waterways. MG picked up Jon's laptop and started typing. The bottom of the sub opened and 18 wheels emerged. This was not without some moving and shaking, and within a few moments, Hangin' in appeared at the hatch opening. "HEY! What gives! You woke up the whole crew." Peering out the portholes were Stephanie, Phoenix, Paradox, Osier, NoDoubt and solotraveler. JT had already squeezed past hangin' in through the hatch and had her skillet raised in the air, lookin' fit to fry eggs. Journey and the remaining crew members came out a doorway at the back of the sub and starting checking the tires and such.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

JT said...where are the eggs...I am starving! Where is my flyswatter...somebody close that hatch...were you born in a barn??
Old 05-25-2003, 06:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally posted by smoke gets in my eyes
...which seemed to pose a problem at first, since the hottub was gone and therefore they had no access to the subterranean waterways. MG picked up Jon's laptop and started typing. The bottom of the sub opened and 18 wheels emerged. This was not without some moving and shaking, and within a few moments, Hangin' in appeared at the hatch opening. "HEY! What gives! You woke up the whole crew." Peering out the portholes were Stephanie, Phoenix, Paradox, Osier, NoDoubt and solotraveler. JT had already squeezed past hangin' in through the hatch and had her skillet raised in the air, lookin' fit to fry eggs. Journey and the remaining crew members came out a doorway at the back of the sub and starting checking the tires and such.
Everyone was feeling rather foolish,realizing that they had been making decisions based on advice from elves with poor bladder control and alkies from Topeka.At that very moment it dawned on the Band of Merry Posters that Tiara Girl was nowhere to be seen!

Remember Tiara Girl?

Hmmmm....The Guru and the Girl are gone....it looks fishy my friends...and hey...where is Mel???!!!!

It was that moment....
Old 05-25-2003, 06:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

JT made a full turn to survey the company and to figure out who it was that had been born in a barn. Her eyes came to rest on Tiara Girl, who was hiding behind a lawn chair recently vacated by Jon. "Barbiedeb!" she exclaimed. You're wearing the confusion tiara! For pete's sake, get back to stores and requisitions and get the one you were supposed to get.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

JT made a full turn to survey the company and to figure out who it was that had been born in a barn. Her eyes came to rest on Tiara Girl, who was hiding behind a lawn chair recently vacated by Jon. "Barbiedeb!" she exclaimed. You're wearing the confusion tiara! For pete's sake, get back to stores and requisitions and get the one you were supposed to get.
She was confused by what JT said and then she remembered……in the warehouse there were many different tiaras and they all looked the same so she just picked up the first one she saw, she didn’t want to go thru that requisition formality. But it was coming back to her that there were titles over the tiaras. She needed the tiara of serenity. But how was she going to get back to the warehouse and how was she going to explain she just took the tiara and didn’t go through the proper protocal?
Old 05-25-2003, 07:40 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally posted by barbiedeb
She was confused by what JT said and then she remembered……in the warehouse there were many different tiaras and they all looked the same so she just picked up the first one she saw, she didn’t want to go thru that requisition formality. But it was coming back to her that there were titles over the tiaras. She needed the tiara of serenity. But how was she going to get back to the warehouse and how was she going to explain she just took the tiara and didn’t go through the proper protocal?
And then she noticed a beautiful sparkly orb floating gently on the breeze and moving closer.A lovely lady with a wand,and a tiara of her own appeared before her.She was smiling and held a scruffy little black dog in her arms."Did you forget something,my dear?" she asked sweetly.

TiaraDeb gasped....
Old 05-25-2003, 07:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

And then she noticed a beautiful sparkly orb floating gently on the breeze and moving closer.A lovely lady with a wand,and a tiara of her own appeared before her.She was smiling and held a scruffy little black dog in her arms."Did you forget something,my dear?" she asked sweetly.

TiaraDeb gasped....
Looking down at her feet she saw that her sensible shoes were gone.In their place was a pair of dazzling bejewelled bunny slippers!
Old 05-25-2003, 07:59 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Looking down at her feet she saw that her sensible shoes were gone.In their place was a pair of dazzling bejewelled bunny slippers!
Tiara Girl looked up at the lovely tiara wearing, long wanded lady and said, “Thanks for the bunny slippers but the jewels are kind of hurting my feet, and do you think you could give me back my dog? I didn’t forget him, I thought he was safely tucked away at my sister’s house.” The lovely tiara wearing, long wanded lady said, “Oops, I thought you forgot him, oh well and oh yeah, the bunny slippers were made for magic, not comfort. They are to help you get back to the warehouse to get the tiara of serenity. You know what you need to do.” And the orb floated back into the horizon. Tiara girl was confused (of course she was still wearing the tiara of confusion). What do I do with these uncomfortable, bejeweled bunny slippers to help me, she thought.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:33 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

So she decided to just ask the bunny slippers what to do and they said..................
Attached Images
File Type: gif
apair.gif (7.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 05-25-2003, 08:36 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
a work in progress

As TiaraGirl looked down at the incredibly uncomfortable bejewled bunny slippers she noticed the tiny jeweled nose twitch on it's own. She glanced at the little black scruffy dog, shrugged her shoulders and out of habit said "ok, I'm lost... what's your suggestion?"
The little scruffy dog sat back on his haunches, gave a toothy grin and replied,
"Let the bunny be your guide"
Just then she felt her slippers wiggle in excitement as if they smelled an incredibly yummy carrot and began to bound off, carrying her right along a suspiciously yellow brick road and in the distance she saw.....
Old 05-25-2003, 08:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

A little green Honda. "The Emerald Civic!" she cried. " Now I remember. " She reached down to the dog's collar and extracted the set of car keys that she knew would be there. Rumbling behind her she heard the sub on wheels motoring up the brick road to join her. She heard JT shouting in her best CW McCall voice "Mercy sakes alive... looks like we got us a convoy!"
Old 05-25-2003, 09:01 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

A little green Honda. "The Emerald Civic!" she cried. " Now I remember. " She reached down to the dog's collar and extracted the set of car keys that she knew would be there. Rumbling behind her she heard the sub on wheels motoring up the brick road to join her. She heard JT shouting in her best CW McCall voice "Mercy sakes alive... looks like we got us a convoy!"
Tiara girl was very amazed at this convoy but she knew that it would get her to her destination of the serenity tiara that much quicker. The talking bunny slippers were getting on her last nerve though and she needed to quiet them down a bit. She took off the slippers and put them on her little black dog. The slippers quieted but her little dog began to speak. Oh Mistress I am so frightened to go back to the warehouse to get the serenity tiara, isn’t there another way? Tiara Girl thought and was beginning to shake her head no, when she had a brilliant idea…….
Old 05-25-2003, 09:42 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Just then tiara girl's cell phone rang....This shot a current of dread all through her entire being. In a moment of confusion she answered it. It was the elephant she had embraced in the forest. He was full of charm and kindness and tears. He begged her to come back to the forest with all of his charm. He played her beautiful music and promised her she would become queen. She hung up the phone and became frozen between the tiara of confusion and the tatoo of wisdom that summoned her from Smoke's forhead. She could not move. She was in real danger now of turning to stone....who would save her?