missed a couple meetings

Old 08-05-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

missed a couple meetings

Is there an awkwardness to go back to meetings if you've missed a few?

I've been doing really well and enjoying each day! I continue to read and practice my part of recovery daily. I took a few weeks off from meetings, but know that once I'm back to work (officially back tomorrow) I'll need the support again.

Will I need to explain my absences? Or does everyone there pretty much know that time off happens?
Old 08-05-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

just go back they want kick you out.I think people understand that you cant be there everytime the doors are open.No enplaination needed in our group we are just glad people come back.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You might of tried out different meetings in other parts of town or meetings when you are on vacation. No one will know or care.
All that counts is you keep coming back!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The attendance taker is sure to zap you the minute you walk in!!!

For real....the only person who feels bad about it, is you. Thats good...means your inner compass is telling you youve been off the beam. Others have noticed you stopped coming, sure,,,but so what? Your ego can take it...and if it cant, you might ask why?

I know this to be a lifetime commitment, and when I do screw up, I need to take responsibility. The best answer Ive given when I stopped coming around was "Well, seems I got cured!" add some humor, takes the pressure off.

PS...I havent been to a meeting in 6 days and for me thats a lifetime. Have the flu, so thats my excuse....whats yours?
Old 08-05-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Here's the challenge: when someone says "we missed you," saying "thanks," instead of a long winded excuse LOL!

No worries, az.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My only excuse is that I've been relaxing and having fun and sometimes missed a meeting just for the sake of not going.

Fortunately, I have my books and SR to keep the progress moving forward!
I know going to meetings is important, though because I could be sharing something that might help someone else, too.