Sputtering,,,,

Old 08-04-2007, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sputtering,,,,

Ever drive an old clunker of a car, that when you start it, sputters?

ONce you finally get the thing going, as you drive down the street, you wonder if its gonna stall?

You "feather" the gas, hoping that the delicate "balance" between getting the gas and being suffocated goes YOUR way. Geeez,,,,being stuck on the hiighway while others buzz past gotta be one of the WORST feelings in the world! While sitting on the side of the road, you contemplate if you had done things differently, had that oil changed when you should have, taken CARE of what sustains YOU, maybe you would be on your way?

Ultimately, your left with, repairing the old clunker, or sucking it up and buying something more reliable. Either way, you gotta take the "sputter" out of your life.

I've been "sputtering" in my recovery. Feathering that gas. Forming my boundary's, and sometimes letting my foot of the gas too soon. Detachment and for me, NO CONTACT. Going along fine, and I mistep and before you know it, on the side of the road again. Having to be rescued, resolving to pick myself up and start all over again.

I have not seen my A in 5 months, but in that five months, have not taken care of my engine. Sparodic "twisting" and contact through email, phone. Sitting on thie side of the road till I get going again. No contact for 5 days, a dead engine, no contact for 11 days, its dies again, MAJOR repairs from the damage of not paying attention and making the smaller repairs and doing the damage control.

I FINALLY had enough. The email comes, i delete without reading. Phone calls are left unlistened too and unanswered. And the engines been running for 15 days with no sputters. I'm actually LOOKING at new cars. I don't want to be on the side of the road EVER again

You know the BESt part? I now have the FREEDOM to choose. Conertable or sedan. Top of the line or a K car. What do I want? The only thing clear, is I'm done with the clunker,,,

Are you ready to trade your car in and stop the "sputtering"? Imagine drinvng a porsche

Peace
Old 08-04-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good analogy. I can imagine riding a unicycle.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you CE. It sounds like you know where you are and what you need to do for you to keep your engine running clean, quiet, and smooth. To sputter occasionally is human, progress not perfection. Knowing what you have to do when the sputtering occurs is progress.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a great analogy! Thanks for this.