I feel

Old 08-01-2007, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel

so very sick to my stomach and like I'm going to be sick. I want so much to have peace and serenity.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

MTB, I know what you're going through and it stinks big-time. If you want peace and serenity, seek it. And when I say seek it, I mean focus every ounce of your energy on getting to that place. I know how I regain my balance, but for each of us it is a personal choice as to how we achieve that.

Think for a minute as to what you feel would be the best path for you, personally, to pursue in order to get where you want to be. I do not know what your religious persuasion is, or whether or not you are a spiritual person, which is why I'm not going to tell you what I would do. I have heard it said many times in meetings that when it gets really bad, a lot of folks say The Serenity Prayer over and over.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One second at a time

You can take it one second at a time and do the very best next thing for YOU, no one else but YOU! Only you know what that is, get peace, talk to someone, get away from where you are, pray, journal, sleep, post, take care of you. I know things can get really hard and unsettleing and you may not know which way to go. Just remember that "this too shall pass."
Old 08-02-2007, 02:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's there waiting for you. Life's too short chick go get what you deserve peace and serenity.

M x
Old 08-02-2007, 02:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

There is one technique where you put on some kind of natures sounds combined with soothing music. Get yourself in a very comfortable position. Try to tune out everything else around you.....close your eyes and focus on the sounds of the music and take some deep cleansing breaths. Breathe in and out very slowly; that helps to calm the body and brain down.

Or if you are out somewhere, you can just use the breathing to just take a momment and calm down

the sick feeling in the stomach from stress is usually because we have worked ourselves up to this eventhou someone else has brought the stress our direction. It is up to us, ourselves, as to how much of it we allow to affect us.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Do you know what has brought this on? Did something specific happen or is your brain in overload?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I was like this too, in the beginning i was frantic, sick, anxious and everything else. Once i calmed myself down, and the fog started to lift, i looked back at some of the frantic days and now i've turned my focus on me instead of him. Don't get me wrong, i just had a setback tonight but trying to let it go and move on. I think once you start to see clearer you will feel SOOOOO much better and more relaxed. You will be ok, one day at a time.....
Old 08-02-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the replies. It has been a stressful week for me. Minne is still sick and not getting any better and then you add on what happened here in Minneapolis yesterday evening. I drove over that bridge all the time. I know for me when I get stressed my mind goes back to when I was with my exabf and that is simply b/c for such a long time I was living in a constant state of stress mentally and physically tied to him. Today, that stress response is still linked to him even when the things that set my mind and body into that stress response have absolutely nothing to do with him. Does that make any sense? He's out of my life and has been for over a year 1/2.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

I had a counselor tell me this to try to reduce stress and get my brain to stop racing on all the painful stuff:

Go somewhere outside where there is grass, and nature, like a park or back yard etc. Take your shoes off and walk through the grass. Try to feel everything this is to feel at your feet. Is the grass wet? Does it feel cold? Soft? etc etc. (supposed to take your mind off the rat race of emotional response and get grounded). Imagine that the earth is swallowing up all the hurt and take a minute to be grateful for all that you do have (sometimes this is very hard to do, might take a few minutes).

This did work for me when I could do it.