SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Okay, I know this is a stretch but..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/129829-okay-i-know-stretch-but.html)

hbb 07-31-2007 02:39 PM

Okay, I know this is a stretch but.....

For the first time in a month and a half i had a good day from beginning to end! And the best just happened for me :) I know it's not much but I just went to the store and in walks my exabf's co-worker that is his partner in crime and shady and everything else. WELL......he says hey how's it going and from beginning to end i had a smile on my face and said "great, how are you?", as i'm sucking in my gutt as i've lost 20 lbs. since he left. I know it's not much but just knowing that the best revenge is getting better myself and KNOWING it will get back to him has me dancing in my apt. right now......

It's the little things right :)

Thanks for listening!!!!!

heather

Barbara52 07-31-2007 02:50 PM

Good for you Heather! I can imagine how good thtat must have made you feel. Ain't it wonderful when we really get out from under the dark cloud?

Astro 07-31-2007 03:42 PM

Heather, I love hearing positive reinforcement like that. You go girl! Now, if only I could lose 20lbs..............Lol

dollydo 07-31-2007 06:12 PM

Great! It only takes one step to start turning the corner. Perhaps, this is step one, if so, there are more to follow!

Live 07-31-2007 06:38 PM

I love it! And Benjamin Franklin said living well is the best revenge
And I say that news of it to those from the past who have hurt us is icing on the cake

elizabeth1979 07-31-2007 06:48 PM

You go girl.
Loving my days and my life, turned out to look good on me too. Its such a great feeling!
I love to hear this sort of thing happening for you:)

hbb 07-31-2007 07:39 PM

((()))) thank you all :) lets hope i can take it to day two!! I still go up and down but know for damn sure he won't find someone that loved him like it did and was so supportive and caring.....Someone else more deserving will appreciate it someday i'm sure :)

TexasGirl 07-31-2007 07:58 PM

Yes, they will. :)

chero 07-31-2007 08:10 PM

Thanks, Hbb! It really is amazing how big the little things in life are, huh?!

"From beginning to end!" I love that!! :)

pineapple2007 07-31-2007 08:18 PM

Hey heather,

That is amazing u had a good day from start to finish. I hope it lasts for u, and the downs u say u have are shorter and the ups are longer :). Noone will love and care about him like u have, YOU ARE RIGHT! and I hope u can sleep well at night knowing that! :)

I rememeber feeling like u do. happy and that feeling of moving up the staircase to getting over an ex. I am still at the bottom staring at the first step :(

igetallnumb 07-31-2007 08:18 PM

how are you pineapple ?

hbb 07-31-2007 08:21 PM

Oh i'm sure i'll be up and down but you know what i'm riding that pink elephant at the moment lol!!! No sense in being bummed out anymore, it's out of my control and he's not worth the tears anymore!

hbb 07-31-2007 09:07 PM

P.S......and to boot i bowled an all time high for me a 125 on my candlepin bowling league tonight!!!!! Someone up there is looking out for me :) thought i'd share that my night even got better!!!! So weird but i'll take it!!!

Live 07-31-2007 09:19 PM

I just have a huge grin on my face!
And it still is true...things will get better.

Your progress in dealing with this is amazing!

Stand tall and proud!

Heck with him, who cares who he winds up with? Just make the payment, dude.

MsGolightly 07-31-2007 09:33 PM

awesome, heather! serves him right for letting an amazing girl go!

Live 07-31-2007 10:40 PM

Be careful what you wish for...and I think many of us wish it, that those we left behind or who left us behind will not get over it and recognize that we were the best person for them in their life.

My exabf feels that way, and it makes me sad for him. I have moved on and married, but as long as he feels this way and his new dates and girlfriends know it he will never be able to love them right and his relationships are doomed. He is the one who needs to let go now.
So in the end, that isn't satisfying, it is very sad.
It's nice to hear thank you, I learned so much from you and you were good for me.
But don't pine for me or compare other women to me. We had what we had and it is long past.

Mair 08-01-2007 12:17 AM

Hey Heather

How good is that!!!!! oh good days are coming your way. Im so happy for you my friend.

M x

hbb 08-01-2007 05:03 AM

Thank you everyone :) I know it's not exactly the same as running into my ex but glad i was able to hold it together especially in front of him. I always visioned me being a deer in headlights at that sort of moment and i got through it just fine.....Now i just need to run into him all happy and possitive!!! Bring it on lol!!!!

Live 08-01-2007 05:20 AM

Yeah!