Thanks Sober Recovery

Old 07-30-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks Sober Recovery

I have been a member of this forum for years. I’ve gotten some wonderful advice, advice that kept my head above water and saved my sanity many times. I am still with my husband though and the alcoholism as everyone has said on this forum gets worse. It is worse now, so bad. While I could push down my feelings before, I am so unable to now. What I am rambling about is, when it is time to leave “YOU KNOW”. It is so hard for me to stay now. Almost every waking moment in my head I hear, it is time to leave. So dear sober recovery friends, I am doing just that. I’ll see a lawyer this afternoon, and find an apartment. My goal is September 7th, my birthday, my freedom day. I will be 38 years old and have 20 years of living with this dysfunction. But no more. The house, well, I’ll have to force him to sell, his alcoholic mother – his problem, tired of dealing with all her drama. He can fight, do whatever he wants. I just want to be free. I choose myself. Thanks Sober Recovery.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Luck.
I'll be praying everything goes your way. You deserve it.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by CBB126 View Post
What I am rambling about is, when it is time to leave “YOU KNOW”. My goal is September 7th, my birthday, my freedom day. I just want to be free. I choose myself.
It's funny how 'you know' when the time is right, isn't it? I remember that feeling very well!

I wish you the best as you take those all important first few steps towards a new you and a new life.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

God bless you as your begin your new journey.

From my experince, I felt ever so much better within a very short period of time after leaving my AH. Its only been a bit more than 2 weeks but the peace I feel is very real and continues to grow.

I hope everything goes well with your planning and moving.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck to you and your son, im sure you'll blossom. Life's too short be happy.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry you didnt mention a Son did you dugh!! Having a bad hair day.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

Thanks for your post. I have been waivering myself, not sure whether to leave or go etc. I am glad to here that at some point I will have the conviction that you do. I did it once before and left, but I stupidly thought it would be different since he had stopped drinking back then. But here we are again! Thanks so much for sharing. I hope it all goes smoothly for you...I know that you deserve it!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

cbb, that's wonderful. Congratulations on taking steps to get out there and enjoy and live your own life. Please keep us posted on your situation. ((((cbb))))
Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((CBB)) Good luck!