SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT: Please Pray for me and my pet Rabbit (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/129630-ot-please-pray-me-my-pet-rabbit.html)

MTBChick 07-28-2007 10:04 PM

OT: Please Pray for me and my pet Rabbit

My beloved pet rabbit Minne is very sick. I am heading out in a minute to the emergency vet hospital. I have already lost one pet earlier this year and I don't know how I will handle it if I loose another.

Please pray for Minne

Thanks
~mtb

prodigal 07-29-2007 12:26 AM

MTB, I hope your pet rabbit is okay. Please let us know what the vet says. I am one of those animal-loving nuts, so I hope your sweet pet is going to be on the mend soon!

ICU 07-29-2007 02:37 AM

MTB,

I open your rabbit will be ok. Prayers for you both are on their way.

guineapigjude 07-29-2007 03:38 AM

Prayers for you and Minne. Keep us posted.

MTBChick 07-29-2007 04:10 AM

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I am back from the emergency vets with a prognosis from the vet for Minne as guarded. I was there for 4 hours they did a blood work up on her and Minne's white blood count is elevated. They sent me home with another antibiotic and a critical care rabbit mixture to feed her around 6 times a day. I have to keep her in a padded box so that she won't hurt herself when she starts rolling. I'm praying that the addition of the second medicine will do the trick and that she will be back to her regular old self soon. I'm going to go call into work to let them know I can't come in today and then I'm going to try and get a couple hours of sleep. I will keep everyone posted on her progress.

~MTB

Grasshopper 07-29-2007 04:37 AM

sending prayers,

cinderellawkids 07-29-2007 04:57 AM

I hope she's okay

MsGolightly 07-29-2007 10:03 AM

mtb, i hope minne will be okay. ((hugs))

GlassPrisoner 07-29-2007 10:32 AM

We've all lost pets, and it's never easy.

I lost "Fats", a wonderful orange tabby of 13 years (he was 5 when he adopted me) in VERY early sobriety, so I know how you feel.

BTW, a month later a kitten showed up on my door step, literally.

Pick-a-name 07-29-2007 02:35 PM

Hope you and your rabbit are doing better.

denny57 07-29-2007 03:01 PM

(((mtb & minnie)))

FormerDoormat 07-29-2007 08:46 PM

So what was the diagnosis? Intestinal blockage? I lost my pet rabbit on May 24th to old age (she was 11). Sending healing prayers for little Miss Minnie.

embraced2000 07-30-2007 05:41 AM

(((((mtb and minnie)))))

hope minnie is doing better now.

MTBChick 07-30-2007 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat (Post 1430706)
So what was the diagnosis? Intestinal blockage? I lost my pet rabbit on May 24th to old age (she was 11). Sending healing prayers for little Miss Minnie.

FD, Minne either has a severe ear infection or E. cuniculi . I am guessing it is the latter of the two as Minne is not responding to the two medicines they currently have her on. My other rabbit Weebles passed away in March. In November he was treated for an ear infection / E. Cuniculi and his health improved only to decline quickly four months later when he passed. He was also an old rabbit (11 1/2 years) so that might have played a part. However, he and Minne lived in the same cage up until he got sick. Anyway, I just now as I'm writing this talked to my Vet and we are going to put her on another med to treat for the E. Cuniculi. I will give more up dates later today / tonight as I have to go to work soon.

Thank you again everyone for all of your prayers!!
~MTB

hopeangel 07-30-2007 09:09 AM

praying for minnie and you!

prayers for healing! my cat is also having problems right now with reoccuring infection and resistance to antibotic, so i know what you are going through.

prayers and hugs