"I can't believe they don't have any alcohol here"

Old 07-29-2007, 01:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

steve, believe me - I don't miss my exAH. God help any poor woman he lures into his web. He's a predator and a certifiable nutcase. I think he'd be downright NUTS even if he didn't drink! Frankly, I don't give him much thought anymore. In fact, I often have difficulty remembering our wedding date. I think I remember, but I'm not sure. He's 2,300 miles away. As far as I'm concerned, the next space shuttle can take him out to the space station and maroon him there!

I'm not sure I want to get involved with another man, even a reasonably healthy well-adjusted guy. I've had my fair share of men, and I really believe I'd be perfectly content to live alone with my cats and be active in interests where I can meet all sorts of people. It's largely a couples world, but I'm so used to traveling alone, going to dinner alone, and being on my own, that I don't feel any need for a relationship with a man at this point in my life.

I'll make one caveat to that statement. IF I happened to meet some terrific guy who shared a lot of my interests and values, I might consider giving it a shot. But I always keep in mind that I'm a codie, and if I start feeling that certain "ZING" that suddenly zaps my emotions and gets me all worked up, I'll know I'm about to tangle with (1) an addict; (2) another codie; (3) an emotionally detached man; or, (4) some sort of control freak/abuser.

Been there, done that ...