new pastures

Old 07-28-2007, 03:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
....Oh my xabf just went back to his ex....to heck with meeting someone new after me i guess....GOOD LUCK TO HIM, worked out so well the first time around

P.S. I should add that he went back with her while we were STILL together and i thought he was "recovering"......GREAT GUY
Same here...except for the 'thought he was recovering' part. I knew he wasn't recovering....he was worse than I had ever seen him.

When I began to 'detach', he found his ex was more than willing to 're-attach' and become the perfect little enabler!! And, when they were both 2 sheets to the wind and would fight, then he thought that "I" was the greatest thing in the world (but still a distant second to a bottle of vodka) and would 'attempt' to 'make nice with me'. To be honest though, I made more than my share of mistakes in the name of enabling too, so who am I to judge?

The way I see it now, it's their business....not mine!
Old 07-28-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

ICU....imho, if he DOES get back with her, it's only a matter of time before he starts drinking again because she drinks and drugs and is such pond scum that won't try to better him in anyway, she has no goals or ambitions......great life
Old 07-28-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
Some A's enjoy wallowing in their own misery more than having a woman! Strange, but true. And my AH is one STRANGE dude!
That describes my AH also. He rarely leaves the house even. I really doubt he'll get involved with anyone else for a very long time. Of course, he doesn't seem to understand yet that I'm not coming back either.