"recovery"

Old 05-22-2003, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

"recovery"

Alright, I'm going off on a bit of a tangent here, but it just torks me that I'm actually in the position that I have to "seek help" and find a way to "recover" from the crap I've had to deal with from the DH. Ya know?

Why is it that my life has gotten turned around because I hooked up with a dumbazz that can't control himself? Hmmmm? Why is that? Am I a ******? Well yes I am, because I know better! I've always known better! Grrrrrr!

Sorry all, I'm just annoyed that my perfectly happy life has been shoved into upheaval. And it is my choice, I guess I'm just stubborn and not yet willing to give up on my married life. If I didn't have kids I'd have been "see ya wouldn't wanna be ya!" many moons ago, but I don't feel that it's wrong for me to be a bit demanding feeling that dammit, you owe your kids a life. A HAPPY life, a life with their dad, a functioning dad, not some ****** drunk!

Okay, think I'm done with my bit of venting now. Back to our regularly scheduled program.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Justfedup.

Stop kicking yourself. If you need kicking, Ann will nudge you with her bunny slippers. We have procedures around here, you know.

I think I know how you feel. Doesn't seem fair that we wind up having to get help because we've been hanging around the severely troubled and troublesome. Some of us walk into it (and we may have had issues in the first place) and some of us get thrown into it by virtue of being born into an alcoholic family or having Mr. Right go wrong. Even if we didn't go in messed up, we're sure messy now. Dealing with unstable people is difficult and sometimes traumatic. Some people get caught in earthquakes or floods or have illnesses... and some of us get substance abusers. You're not stupid or weak because you need help dealing with a tragedy. We don't think earthquake victims are idiots because they chose to live near a fault line. We help them when they need help and we don't go around blaming them for not being able to predict an 8.5 on the Richter when all they ever experienced before were 1's and 2's.

So you're not psychic. That doesn't make you stupid.

hugs... because you deserve them.
Smoke
Old 05-23-2003, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Nope - no bunnyslipper nudges either. I feel that would be kicking you to the curb, as you already feel bad enough.

Smoke said it so well - I love how Smoke says things , and it is nothing to feel stupid about.

As difficult as the problem is, it is usually what we chose to do about it that makes all the difference.

I'm sending hugs, and your very own tiara...just in case you missed the shipment.:king:
Old 05-23-2003, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I had to laugh (sorry) at your post. Do ya feel better now? I bet you do! I do after reading it because I was talking to the windshield of my car all the way to work this morning saying things that are very similar.

So you are not alone and we all have bad days. If you are a ****** that means I am too...and that just can't be. Nope! Not possible.

HE is the ******!

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-23-2003, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

JustFedUp,
YIKES!!!!! You said it, girl!
I really does stink horribly how we have to get help and some of those A's out there feel like they don't need it when they really do.

Hang in there and here's a great big 'ol (((((HUG)))))

2many2count
Old 05-23-2003, 06:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im with ya on that one....I say those things almost on a daily basis.... Venting is Good!!

It really suck how we let them ruin us

Hang in there!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2003, 10:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks all. I was actually in a pretty good mood when I threw that together! LOL When I post stuff like this, it's my "I am woman hear me roar" mood. I tend to get very uppity when I feel I've been tread upon. Always have. (Which is why I'm still baffled as to why I'm still married! )

I swear to God, before DH, if a guy did even one little thing to annoy me he was history! Anyone else who comes in to my life to this day is history if they annoy me. I just don't get it. This "love" crap is for the birds, and they really should develop a vaccine for it or something. :p
Old 05-23-2003, 11:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

JustFedUp,
I hear you sister! I too let people know when they annoy me...but I still keep putting up with the bs I get from my dh!! WHY?? I have NO clue...I've thought and thought about it...we've been together for 12 years and I DO love him deeply...I am in love with him..he's my best friend....and I do put up with things from him that I'd NEVER accept from someone else...

I am getting better at not accepting his behavior when he acts like horses butt, but it's not easy!!

Vent away, it's good for you and everyone here cares what you say