don't know what to do anymore.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Pineapple2007, I went back and read your post again. You said that last month, your life was grand and you were content. One of the most facsinating and joyful things I find about life is, how it changes, day to day. Like a bad hair day. One day your hair looks like crap, and the next day it couldn't look better. Same hair, different day. Go figure. Anyways, my point is, nothing stays the same, tomorrow may for some reason be 100% better for you than today. I believe we are where we are suppose to be, and we go through things that we need to go through. I can't figure out why it seems like all the bad stuff happens at once though. Seems like the bad stuff could come at a person a little slower, so we could adjust and and be able to take it all in at a reasonable pace. Instead of being overwhelmed, try sorting these things out bit by bit. You can still probably talk or IM or email your brother whenever you want to. If your best friend is ditching you, he or she is not much of a friend. If you need companionship, and it is feasible, go to the pound and rescue a dog. No better friend than a dog. Try to be nice to yourself and get through this bump in the road, then, when you are feeling better, you can concentrate on making your life better, the way YOU want it to be. I don't want to be harsh in any way shape or form, but you cannot depend on other people to make you happy. You just work on you, and what you need. Hugs!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

No i don't think that your asking too much by any means, i think your having a rough time right now and it seems everything is crashing at once unfortunately. Have you seen a counselor or Al Anon....they are definately worth looking into...i personally have done both in 2 days. It's not a cure all but it definately helps to get it out and get an opinion that knows nothing about my ex. It's refreshing to know i can confide in someone that truly is there for ME we're here for you....did you get my message? big hugs....heather
Old 07-25-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wanttobefree View Post
Pineapple2007, I went back and read your post again. You said that last month, your life was grand and you were content. One of the most facsinating and joyful things I find about life is, how it changes, day to day. Like a bad hair day. One day your hair looks like crap, and the next day it couldn't look better. Same hair, different day. Go figure. Anyways, my point is, nothing stays the same, tomorrow may for some reason be 100% better for you than today. I believe we are where we are suppose to be, and we go through things that we need to go through. I can't figure out why it seems like all the bad stuff happens at once though. Seems like the bad stuff could come at a person a little slower, so we could adjust and and be able to take it all in at a reasonable pace. Instead of being overwhelmed, try sorting these things out bit by bit. You can still probably talk or IM or email your brother whenever you want to. If your best friend is ditching you, he or she is not much of a friend. If you need companionship, and it is feasible, go to the pound and rescue a dog. No better friend than a dog. Try to be nice to yourself and get through this bump in the road, then, when you are feeling better, you can concentrate on making your life better, the way YOU want it to be. I don't want to be harsh in any way shape or form, but you cannot depend on other people to make you happy. You just work on you, and what you need. Hugs!

ya it would be better if little things were coming at once... but these are BIG life changing things....all at once..... i am overwhelmed.... yea... like ive never ever felt this kind of over-whlemedness before. and it is weakening my thinking/attitude like 95%..... i want to work on me.... but its so hard. i was at one point..but it was all lost........
Old 07-25-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The Dean's List? My God! Clearly you have an extraordinary brain! How wonderful! You are supporting yourself and putting yourself through college! I hope you are very proud of yourself, as you should be. If I were you and did that, I would have a very puffed up ego, and possibly an attitude to go along with it. With doing all that, and all these things coming at you, maybe you are just worn out and tired.

As for your Mom, it sounds like she is fighting her own battle about something. Maybe she is doing the best she can.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

You'll get there again...reread your post where you were in a great place in your mind for yourself before your vacation and you were settled in your own thoughts of what was going on....you'll get there again, i envy that place i hope to be there myself soon, with each other's help, we can find a way Pineapple. Take a deep breath, you WILL be okay hon.

hugs,
heather
Old 07-25-2007, 11:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

pineapple, I really feel for you. My mom and dad are dead. Mom quit speaking to me in 1977. After that, I received letters from her occasionally, but those ended in 1982. She died in 1998. My dad's last words to me were, "You are just a bum," and that was in 1986. He died in 1994. I was an only child, so no siblings to turn to. My mother's side of the family cut me off in 1994, for reasons I won't go into. All that's left of my family are two cousins in Delaware - and I'm in Arizona.

You sound like you are under a tremendous amount of stress. Perhaps a visit to the doctor would help. It's natural to be hurt, angry, distressed, etc., after a breakup. But at 22 you ARE going to meet other men. I hope you realize that there is a guy out there for you. Please consider seeing a doc or a counselor. It really sounds like you need to vent.

I guess this may seem like some vague kinda website out in cyberspace, but I have made some very good friends here who have come through for me big-time when I've needed their support. There are lots of kindhearted people here who are more than willing to help you. I hope you feel better tomorrow. If not, just come here and vent. We WILL listen, I promise.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We are here for you and we can listen and tell our stories with you, I do hope you keep posting and know that you are not alone, you have us.

hugs