SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT-Amazing weekend at the Oregon Coast (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/129258-ot-amazing-weekend-oregon-coast.html)

LaTeeDa 07-23-2007 08:51 PM

OT-Amazing weekend at the Oregon Coast

1 Attachment(s)
After being with my A for 20 years, being separated for 2 years with a couple serious attempts at reconciliation, I think I might actually be enjoying a healthy relationship. It's really too soon to tell though, since we have only known each other a couple of months. Regardless of that, we just spent a long weekend at the central coast of Oregon, and I wanted to share the beautiful scenery with all of you. :)

This is the lighthouse at Heceta Head. One of the most photographed lighthouses in the country.

MsGolightly 07-23-2007 08:55 PM

how beautiful! thanks for sharing!

LaTeeDa 07-23-2007 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the Devil's Churn, a narrow chasm in the coast formed from lava rock where the waves literally churn.

LaTeeDa 07-23-2007 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a 500 year old giant spruce tree in the coastal rainforest.

LaTeeDa 07-23-2007 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And this is one of the many historic bridges along highway 101.

denny57 07-23-2007 09:26 PM

Beautiful scenery; I know you can't show us, but hope the company was pleasant to look at, too. :-) Sounds lovely.

LaTeeDa 07-23-2007 09:33 PM

Yes, the company was very pleasant, even though the weather was overcast and drizzly most of the time. We did take some pictures of us with the automatic timer and tripod, but those are only for us. ;)

L

denny57 07-23-2007 09:45 PM

Did you get into Yachats? Used to spend some time there every once in awhile.

LaTeeDa 07-23-2007 09:51 PM

Yes, as a matter of fact, that is the town we were in. (Actually we camped at Cape Perpetua) What a lovely place. First time I've ever been there. I will definitely go back.

ICU 07-24-2007 05:01 AM

Beautiful pictures.

I particularly love the lighthouse scene. Talk about a picture that can tell a thousand words! I kind of identify with the lighthouse...standing alone high above the rocks and waves. Even after weathering so many violent storms, it's light still glows as it searches and waits for something else to come along to justify it's worth - to validate it's real reason for existence!

I've always wanted to visit No. Ca, Oregon and Wash. state. I love the outdoors, and camping!!! Maybe one day!

Thanks for the inspiration. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Jazzman 07-24-2007 06:49 AM

Cool pics! Did the sun ever come out? I spent 4 weeks in Vancouver years ago and only had two sunny days! LOL!! But there's something about the Pacific NW. Just beautiful scenery. I just got two water proof cheapo one time use cameras for next week :)

Like how you slid in there you're seeing someone... Gonna need more details on that!
Good for you L!

Pick-a-name 07-24-2007 07:37 AM

LTD: Beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them,I really enjoyed seeing them.

Glad you sound so good and that you are having some fun times....you deserve them! :)

parentrecovers 07-24-2007 09:50 AM

nice! k

elizabeth1979 07-24-2007 10:41 AM

Beautiful pictures. I havent been to the NW in..shoot...10 years. Its so pretty there.
Sounds like you have a wonderful time :) Happy to hear it!

Rella927 07-24-2007 10:51 AM

LTD what truly amazing pictures! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time!

Great to hear you sound so excited and are having some long deserved happy times! :Val004:

lillian 07-24-2007 06:11 PM

thanks for sharing this-- it doesn't seem off topic at all-- your enjoying nature, relationships, and life is very inspiring to those of us blinking and squinting, trying to let go off a past/trying to move on with life after a shattering relationship with an AH loved one. thank you again.