Car Time

Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Car Time

I guess my car is my quiet place. I think a lot in it about where I am, what I want to do, how am I healing, what progess needs adjustment, and I think about him. But, I realize that what I think about him has really changed now that the emotions have had a few months to settle down. I can see things for what they are. I can reflect on all the red flags, and signs I chose to ignore. I really no longer miss him, or the relationship, it was nothing but lies, he based everything on lies, and I see that now. When you put all the pieces together the picture it makes is amazing,. I do miss the intimate time with someone (and not just the bedroom stuff). My heart is rebounding, coming to life, and I realize I have really made it!` I did it! He is one messed up fella, and I pity his next victum.
But wow though there are still some challanges ahead, I am strong enough to face them without him, besides he never did really give me much support it was me supporting him.
Someone is so lucky to find me when that day arrives ;-) This time has produced so much fruit! So much wisdom,
And SR has been there all the way giving me that life line everyday!!!! The therapist was good, but SR is better ;-)
Thanks Everyone!!!~ I'm feeling soooooo good.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

good for you !! i sooo cannot wait to be where you are !!
keep progressing , the next guy will be a lucky one !
(())s
Old 07-17-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You lucky thingxxxxxxxx Ive decided my next victim is gonna have to fill in a questionairre and im going to have a panel of wise people to decide if he's good enough or not he he.

So glad for you

M x
Old 07-17-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can so relate, hon. I felt liberated when I realised that "he lives in a fantasy world" was the answer to almost all of my questions about that relationships. And yes, when I finally meet someone else, they will get a catch and a half. See, I have learnt to let people be who they are. Not many in this world who don't want to change their partner.

And I know what you say about your car. Mine was my escape when I needed some space back then and even now, I go for a drive in the hills with the roof down and tunes on when I need to get some perspective. I have blown 2 sets of speakers this year already :-)
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Minnie ~ good for you! :-) Keep'em blowing..
Old 07-18-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I was in my car headed for work today and thinking about the home situation and this song came one called (Home) and all of the sudden I got to thinking about how when I was younger I could always go home to mom and dad tell I got back on my feet. Well.... Mom and dad are gone now and the house I grew up in has new owners. There is no going home..... God that made me sad.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

that can really make you feel lost .. that feeling of not having a home base ..
you have to make a new one for yourself .

(())s
Old 07-18-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My parents are gone as well, and I have no one to lean on in that way as well. That can be make us feel sad. BUT, how proud our parents would be if we found our own strength now! Made our own homes!~ I know what you mean that its not the same as being abl eto go home...but there comes a day that things change and we become the parents creating a new home :-)
Old 07-18-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
gns

Thanks for this inspiring post. I am still amazed and reeling from the fact that I was the victim and that my ex lied about evrything that I thought was real.

Good for you!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I so completely understand GNS.