comeing home

Old 07-16-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy comeing home

Hello everyone
well i need some advice. My DH will be comeing home soon from doing time for a DWI and has been away for 1 yr. plus. her will have restrictions etc. I'vr managed to keep things going but not sure how that will go when he comes home.

He says he's learned hi lesson and will never touch a drink again. as hes learnd that
prison is not a nicer place.

what can i expect and how do ihandle this. the stres im sure will be high. as in the past he mad many promises not to drink and look what happened. everyone tried to tell him and eventually it all caught up with him.

thisyear has been very hard on me financially and mentally. i hope and pray that he has
learned his lesson and things can go well.

one day at a time they all tell me.

if anyone has any sugsestions or been in this situation please feel free to tell me what to expect and what to do or not do as the casr may be.

he also says things that hemay have a hard time adjusting epecially with being with men all this time. things like privacy etc. have no glue what to do,about that.

as you can see im concerned.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome, crochet lady, glad you're here! there are members here who have been in your position, so I'm sure you'll be hearing some great suggestions.

Do you attend Al-Anon?

Please keep posting!!

((()))
Old 07-17-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If there's one thing I can suggest, it's that you concentrate on doing what is best for you. You need to make sure you focus your energy on yourself.
If you have a chance, Read "Codependent No More" by Melodie Beattie. You'll get a lot of help as to how to get and keep yourself strong.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Welcome! glad you made it here. I like the idea of you keeping the focus on yourself. I totally believe if you stand back and let him take responsibility for himself instead of you trying to make everything work for him he will adjust much quicker...