SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Quite Ironic..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/128709-quite-ironic.html)

kglast 07-16-2007 07:16 PM

Quite Ironic.....

believe it or not, guess who has been blowing up my phone(s) tonight?!?!?!?!! very ironic..now i guess i don't have to wonder how i would feel about it!

the first time the phone rang, i tried to pick it up, but didn't get there it time (have gotten out of the habit of looking at the caller ID before I answer every time b/c it has been so long since he called). thank you God, for not letting me get there....

immediately after that, my cell phone began ringing, then the home phone again, and once more....no messages left...

a reminder of a typical monday night for me, this being one of his biggest nights to tie one on....NO THANKS.

it is a clear sign to me that he is still raging on....if nothing changes, nothing changes....

i believe it was cynay that pointed out to me once that it was very selfish of him to keep calling like that....and that is what came to mind with the 2nd call to the home phone...just trying to fill his selfish need (God only knows which one it is tonight) with no consideration for me or my son. gee, maybe we were SLEEPING?!?!?!?!

anyway, i thought this was very ironic considering my post last night....and wanted to share...thanks for listening.

MsGolightly 07-16-2007 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by kglast (Post 1412833)
i believe it was cynay that pointed out to me once that it was very selfish of him to keep calling like that

that is a coincidence that he's suddenly felt the urge to call! i'm glad you handled it so well!! :)

someone recently pointed out to me that if they cared about us or respected us at all, they wouldn't call after we asked them not to. they would stay away because it's what we want and what we've asked for. the fact that he repeatedly called you tonight showed that he didn't give a crap what you wanted... and he was very selfish, indeed.

i'm proud of you!

kglast 07-16-2007 07:40 PM

Thanks ITFM!!!! Hope I am as strong if/when he calls again!!! It was very tempting to answer the first couple of rings...so glad I didn't...

Cynay also called it harrassment when they repeatedly call and call and call one right after the other like that - must say that it is. and we don't harrass the people we love if we are healthy...

hbb 07-16-2007 07:45 PM

GOOD FOR YOU KG!! What's even more ironic is that i just within the last hour read your post from last night lol and thought jeeze, i feel the same wondering if my X will call anytime soon.!!! And crap, we don't know what to do....you did an awesome job, good for you!! You handled it great and i'm sure it's killing him right now haha!!! Good for you!!

kglast 07-16-2007 07:48 PM

:) thanks hbb!!!! you made me chuckle!!!

hbb 07-17-2007 07:17 AM

Kg, how are you this morning? Still strong i hope? I evny you and how you handled your situation last night :) I can only hope i'm that strong if/when my time comes. Granted i'm torn but it's all staring me right in the face, like so many have said RUN RUN RUN, i'm not married and no children with him....i do deserve better! Just trying to get past that "rejected" feeling i have. Like how could someone whom I put my own life on hold to help dump me.....KARMA!! That's all i can say!!

parentrecovers 07-17-2007 07:56 AM

stay AWAY from the phone :)

hugs, k

Mair 07-17-2007 08:37 AM

Hi all
I havent heard anything from my xab for 8 days now, but i can feel it in my bones there's one on the way. i just hope i can be strong enough, i have done well so far. like you HBB ive been told to RUN RUN RUN and i'm beginning to see the light. And yes we all deserve better. Well done kglast your a star.

Mx

Barbara52 07-17-2007 08:47 AM

You were wondering about it and how you'd handle it. God has a way of letting us find out. :)

Good for you! You did what you needed to and feel good about it.

Remember you do have the option of getting a court order if it does become harrassing. Or can ask the phone company to put a block on his number also.

hbb 07-17-2007 08:53 AM

Thanks Mair, i know running is hard though, we live near each other and his X lives even closer, she's making me nuts and there's no apparent reason other than i think he wants her back. Today is a good day so far, feel better. Like they say, everyday that goes on that you DON'T hear from him makes us that much stronger. I thank God everyday that i didn't pick up that phone or return his call....let him wonder for once in the past month :)

kglast 07-17-2007 07:27 PM

hey hbb - i am doing OK today, thanks for asking. i was a little sad this morning, i have to admit...part of me wonders what he wanted to say....but then the WISER part of me knows that whatever he wanted was nothing sincere, calling at that hour. if the call that he is in recovery ever comes, it won't be at 10 on a Monday night.

feel like i will be slightly on edge whenever the phone rings until my birthday passes....but i will be OK. lots of fun plans the rest of this week and the weekend.

mair & hb - stick to your guns - stick to no contact - it really does work - you do start to feel better....it isn't always easy but it does get better....((()))

hbb 07-17-2007 07:42 PM

Thanks so much KG, your definately an inspiration! I actually had a descent day myself, got a little teary eyed tonight with friends but it comes and goes. Actually laughed today. Like you said about hearing from him near your bday, i feel like i'll get a text or something as my X owes the loan on Sunday and ALWAYS contacts me for the account number. Part of me wants to ignore it and he can ask the bank and another part wants to tell him to ef'n write it down once and for all.....but yet again CONTACT that will set me back and i don't want it. Thanks for the update, glad to hear your doing well!

All for my son 07-18-2007 10:27 AM

Thank you for posting this! I am constantly dealing with phone calls and text mesages, etc especially when it is time for my ex ah to pay child support. Just nice to know I'm not alone:)