I have a new home!

Old 07-16-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have a new home!

The move went smoothly. Yippee! The new place is pretty nice and feels peaceful. It near a lake and listing to the birds in the morning as I sit on the patio sipping coffee is a wonderful way to start the day. And with 3 strong young men do the heavy lifitng, my back doesn't even hurt too much. I feel so much better and stronger just getting out of that house! Even the cats seem to be adjusting well. Its a basement apartment and they are having great fun being the great bug hunters.

There was no yelling or other sorts of difficulties because I wouldn't listen to it. Pastor and B showed up as scheduled and they talked with husband alone for about an hour while I got the truck and packed. My poor pastor sure did learn a lot from B (a recovering alcoholic and was very earthy in his words) telling my husband just what is going on and where he is. B was wonderful! Not only did my husband lose me though, he has lost his leadership positions in the church (Elder and Trustee). Husband is learning the consequences of his choices spread all over.

I don't think he has told his daughters yet because I haven't gotten any calls from them.

So far my husband says he will go to the evaluation tomorrow and yesterday morning told B he hadn't had a drink in 24 hrs. I hope he gets himself to AA and begins his long road.

One day at a time.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,Barbara. Glad things went well with the move,etc. I hope you (and AH) have continued success in the coming days and weeks.

Glad you are at a peaceful place,too. (physically and otherwise,from the sounds of things)
Old 07-16-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, most importantly, I am at peace within my self. And I start in therapy this evening to deal with all those doubts and negative voices that try to creep in. Next is finding an Alanon meeting or 2 that fits in with my schedule.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One day at a time... enjoy!
missy xo
Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Congrats! Enjoy your new home!! Keep plugging along with that peace!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I am so glad everything went smoothly, and, that you are enjoying your new home.

Feels good doesn't it?

And yes, one day at a time.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I met with my therapist yesterday and she gave me a worldeful visualiztion to work of detaching from AH. She firs asked me where I wanted AH to be and I said in God's hands. She then had me visualize an orb in God's hands and said to put all my concerns, worries, questions, emotions in that orb and allow God to hold it and use it, to put it there and trust God. Its helping.