I am new here...

Old 07-14-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool I am new here...

HI((((((((((everyone)))))))))

I am new here to this website but not to Alanon!!!! I have been in Alanon for 3 years and it has saved my life Very grateful to have the program and all my Family of choice..

I grew up with 2 Alcoholics parents 2 alcoholic sisters 1brother Aunts and uncles brother-in law and My mom died of alcoholic poison !!!!!!!! My life was falling apart and I was dying I was suicidal and had a fear of harming others it was horrible nightmare..... I went through all this all alone for 6 or so years before I was able to open up and tell someone I was to afraid to say anything fear of being turn into the authority's(I was already getting the help that I need) and 1 year later that fear came true and my first sponsor in alanon turned on me!!!!!! OH Boy no fun but hey I am here and a lot stronger!!!!!!

Growing up in the alcoholic home i was taught to keep secrets and the chaos the anger the fear the abandment the pain the loss the confusion It was just killing me inside I was turning the anger in on myself....

Alanon as taught me so so much!!! I have only been through the steps 1 and I am not all the way through yet...... (10th)

WOW I found this website through a childhood girlfriend whose dad died 1 year after my moms death of the same diseases.....

None of my family still living is sober and I am the only one getting help for me!!!!!
I am grateful I am..

I have kids and I want to teach them different then when I grew up and was taught !!!!!!

Thanks for letting me share..

Love 123one456
Old 07-14-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR

Glad you have found us. Thanks for sharing ... there is a wealth knowledge here from those who have lived with the nightmare of alcoholism. Keep coming back.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found us. Please keep responding and sharing what you have learned from working your program. Welcome!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((123one456))))

Welcome! It sounds like you have earned your seat at alanon and here too. Make your self at home.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

123, You are quite amazing! To have survived all of this and come out with wisdom. I too have a history of alcoholics in the family. It can be a tiring battle if you let it hey? Good for you and keep sharing!
Justjo
Old 07-15-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

May the cylcle stop with you. Some people become fabulous adults because of their parents and some of us become fabuluous adults in spite of our parents. Either way it can be done. You seem like a positive loving parent.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

welcome 123.......(can't help but hear....."like a bird i sing"......my grandbabes sing that ALLLLLLLLLLLL the time...lol)

anyway, a big welcome to you and i hope to see many more of your posts here. this is an amazing place.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awwww thanks ((((((((family)))))))) wow I feel the love in all the wonderful post!!!!

123onelove456