Texas and alcohol

Old 07-13-2007, 08:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Texas and alcohol

Hi everyone,
I have a question and am very concerned for my sister.

Those breath things that are put in cars so they will start. My sister just married a guy that must have one in his car for 10 years(going on year 5). She has only known him since Feb. and I just found out about this when I got to Texas for the wedding. I have NEVER heard of one of these things being in a car for more than a year and this guy must breath in it every 15 minutes while driving or get fined. My sisters history of men is following suit and I was so hoping this one would be different. If anyone fromTexas has some insight as to why this man would be on probation for 10 years please enlighten me.
Love and prayers,
loulouise
Old 07-13-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sure this was a court ordered thing, and this man is not a juvenile. As such this should be public informationas to what he did and when. It could take a little digging but you can find out.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks dgillz,
I am not sure how to do a background check on someone but I guess I will try.
Love and prayers,
loulouise
Old 07-13-2007, 11:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

My guess is that he has gotten a huge number of DWIs but convinced the judge that his devotion to treatment and contribution to society warrented this as opposed to just revoking his license for ten years. They may urine test him too. I'm guessing with little info tho. I;d be interested in hearing the truth if you manage to ferret it out ...
Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

it is her life. You have to let her live it and make her own mistakes.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lou...spirit seeker is right but if you are a codie like the rest of us I can understand
why you want to know....if my sister were just marrying someone with one of those
in his car then I would try to find out too....I dont know if you want to bring your finding to your sister tho....after all she did just marry him...but in alot of states like mine....if he had something huge that he hid from her like vehicular homicide this would justify one of those being placed in a mans car for such a long period of time. My XAH hid his drunk driving record from me before we were married too and I will tell you what...It all came out shortly after we were married with 6 more dui's...um hum...nice...just what I wanted to tell all my family...that my new husband is in jail for a dui...and 3 months after the wedding...or well that is my past...and I am guessing that he has alot to hide...

Go onto the internet and pay 15.00 for a background check through Intelius....let sis know discreetly that you have some info on his driving record and its for her eyes only when she is ready to want to know it. Or wait for the first argument they have because we all know it probably won't be long off....

On the flip side of this....maybe he is on the road to recovery?? And maybe the device in his vehicle is only the last consequence...I sure hope so for your sisters sake.

Thanks for sharing ....
Old 07-14-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi there,
My stbXAH was going through the court process on DWI 3 in Texas when I moved out, and he had to have an Interlock device on his car, but it was only issued for one year. Ten years does seem like quite a long time. My ex is now in court for DWI 3, 4, and 5 all at the same time (still hasn't finished the third one up). He may well end up with the Interlock the rest of his life! I just know in our particular county, three wasn't enough to give him more than a year with the device.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone,
I would not dream of telling my sister what if anything I find out but I would like to have some information for when he breaks her heart if not her body(they all do) and the family is picking up the pieces again. This is her third alcoholic husband ,#1 is a Hells Angel and dying, #2 is dead from a double homicide OK corral style. I sorta guessed her MO would continue but I was praying she had learned something in the 12 years since the last one. I will try the web site that was mentioned and see if I find anything.
Again Thanks,
Love and Prayers,
loulouise
Old 07-14-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I did a criminal background check on the guy and found a couple of felony theft and state jail time plus gun charges, dwi ,dui, drug posession and many others. This man hasn't been out of trouble for longer than 2 years except the last five since he moved to Texas 29 years ago, I have a feeling the time he wasn't in trouble was spent behind bars. I am waiting for the court papers to find out how much time he has done. Oh what has she done???!!!!
Love and Prayers,
loulouise
Old 07-15-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Wow. I don't know your relationship but it seems like you can't keep that to yourself. Wow.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I gave her oldest son a heads up but my sister will just think we are butting in where we don't belong, so it is information that we can only use to keep an eye on her and him from a distance and pray he really is recovering. I paid to be notified if he arrested in the next year and will reconsider speaking to her if that should happen.
Love and Prayers,
loulouise