Hello, new here

Old 05-19-2003, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spicychicken

Hello, new here

Hello. I am Brandy. My dh is an alcoholic. I had him arrested on Sunday early morning for drinking and driving, reckless driving, property damage. All this came from a drunken incident where he threatened my life, pushed my car into a friend's car, blocked my car from leaving. I hope that was bottom for him because I don't think I can handle this anymore. He has always drank a little here and there but when he got back into the fire department, he started drinking so much. On another occasion, he was so drunk he choked me to the point of seeing stars. This is not the man that I have loved for 10 years. :cries2: We have 2 children together, ages 8 and 4. I am here for him. I want to help him and support him. Today is day 2 of no beer. After drinking everyday for the past 3 months. Saturday, he was at a function for the department and snuck alcohol in 2 sierra mist bottles. Drank them in an hour and a half, then he got a 6 pack about 2 hours later, and another a couple hours after that. He propostioned a 16 yr.old girl that wants to have sex with him. I am lost on how to make it through this. I am hurting so bad. He had such bad shakes last night. All I could do was hold him and love him. I am glad to be here(thnak you Skyfairy). I need every ounce of strength I can get.[COLOR=red]

Old 05-19-2003, 09:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Spiceychicken.

Welcome to the recovery forum. Not trying to scare you, but a person who has been drinking every day is safer doing their detox under medical supervision. Not everyone has serious problems, but it can happen. There's nothing pretty about the process, and I know it's painful to see. Have you two talked at all about checking him into a hospital?

When the crisis is past you might consider checking out an alanon group in your area. It can help you to deal with some of the hurts that have been building up. And always feel free to come here and share with us. You are not alone.

Keep posting!
Hugs,
Smoke
Old 05-20-2003, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hey Spicey,

I'd like to add my welcome too. You will find lots of love and support here with people understanding exactly how you are feeling.

I'd recommend thinking about yourself right now even though you are terribly concerned about your A. It breaks our hearts to see our loved one hurting, but we do not help when we enable their behavior. I know it seems cruel and harsh, but until he admits he has a problem, he will continue on his downward spiral. And he'll take you right with him unless you set some boundaries as to what you'll allow. And from your post, you have set some boundaries since you took legal action. Good for you.

Do you attend or could you find an Al Anon meeting? I'd highly recommend it. Al Anon has given me the courage to handle the A in my life in a much more healthy manner. My HP, Al Anon and this board have truly saved my life.

So keep coming back and posting and I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs,

Hangin' In
Old 05-20-2003, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

((((spicychicken)))))

try and get to a meeting spicy it will help you !
we can love them but we cant save them.
its not an easy road but its one thats worth it
sure saved my sanity and has brought me closer to my
HP who gives me the strength One Day at a Time.

hugs
liddy
Old 05-20-2003, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, Just wanted to say welcome. This forumhas been a life saver for me. We all care about each other. You will learn much from these wise folks. Take care