Relapse--me

Old 07-06-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse--me

Hi everyone, I feel like I am totally having a codie relapse! I don't know if it is the loss of control that makes me anxious or the anxiety that makes me want to control everything! I find it so hard to deal when the future is uncertain (duh, I know, it is always uncertain!) My boyfriend (in recovery for about a year), whom I live with, lost his job last week and it's a fact the money from his paycheck is going to stop coming in. I don't know how we will pay the mortgage next month...Plus, he is getting used to his new meds (just diagnosed with bipolar) and he's been acting a little strange to say the least.

Plus, when I get this huge urge to control/anxiety thing going on, I start to get really paranoid....like is he drinking? Is he lying to me about things? Then I feel guilty for that, realizing this is part of the whole dysfunctional dance I do in my head. Seriously though, I don't know what we're going to do about money if he doesn't find a new job soon. We never had to face this, even when he was drinking. Turn it over, I guess, is my only option?

Then, I just found out my little sister, who has borderline personality disorder is drinking again, which is really not good, since she has a history of suicide attempts while drinking.

I'm totally on a pity pot. I know I'm having a relapse when I'm on that damn pot. I feel better after venting (so thanks for reading) but need to snap out of this and get back on track!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

What I'm getting anxious, here's what helps me to calm down and refocus:
Pray
Talk to a friend
Come here to SR
Go to a meeting
Exercise
Go to another meeting
Read
Watch a funny dvd
Work in my garden
Old 07-06-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Breathe. How about a bath with candles. Then make a list of your options that you do really have control over.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You guys are awesome...I was going to try to go to two meetings tonight! I think I will swim too...that always seems to help.