7/3 Language of Letting Go

Old 07-03-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7/3 Language of Letting Go

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Directness

So much of our communication can reflect our need to control. We say what we think others want to hear. We try to keep others from getting angry, feeling afraid, going away, or disliking us. But our need to control traps us into feeling like victims and martyrs.

Freedom is just a few words away. Those words are our truths. We can say what we need to say. We can gently, but assertively, speak our mind.

Let go of your need to control. We do not need to be judgmental, tactless, blaming, or cruel when we speak our truths. Neither do we need to hide our light. Let go, and freely be who you are.

Today, I will be honest with others, and myself knowing that if I don't, my truth will come out some other way.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Finally gettin it

Beautiful! Thank you. It is so true. We need to be ourselves, but not to use manipulative methods to "get our way". Blaming and shaming just don't work. It is only recently that I realized I am sooo judgemental! Me..an over eater..one who eats because it helps me "feel good". Ha! I refuse to be a victim any more. Today, I am a victor! Overcoming MY shortcomings. Working MY program, and "trusting" my HP.

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise bring healing" Proverbs 12:18 (NIV)
Blessings to all..
Old 07-04-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I opened the book yesterday morning and read that, I was stunned. Yesterday was deposition day for AH and I. During the pre-meet with my attorneys, I told them what would be best for me was to just tell my truth. I had to trust it. Even if it meant that what I said might work against me. It is so incredibly freeing to not have to second guess, manipulate, form conjecture, etc. Just speak the truth.

For good measure, I attended an early morning meeting.

The depo went better than I ever thought possible.