I must be dreaming....

Old 05-18-2003, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

I must be dreaming....

Just an update. Daughter called from rehab place today and she sounded 'okay'. Gosh, I was just thankful it wasn't the pitiful crying of last week...

I asked some general questions about how things were going but did not ask specifically about the mean girl and her remarks. Felt it was better not to bring it up unless she did. She then asked, "Did you call the doctor?" I said, "No, never did." Then she asked "Did you call Dr. H?" (the other doc from her out patient place that recommended the rehab place where she presently is. Remember, these docs are friends.) I said, "No, never talked to Dr. H." I knew what she was getting at. Had I talked to them to find out how long she would be there and did I tell them she didn't want to stay long?

But guess what, gals??? I DIDN'T call a single person...(ok, I did call the counselor as a knee/jerk reaction the other day but didn't get her. And when she called back, get this.........I LET MY MACHINE PICK UP and then I didn't call her back. I actually took my hands off the addict!!!

Ok, let me pinch myself. I do think I'm dreaming....

HOLY COW, I AM NOT DREAMING! I'm struttin' around here like one of those cocky professional football players. In fact might do one of those victory dances, too. Anybody wanna gimme a high 5????....

(Think I'd better enjoy this feeling tonight. I might relapse tomorrow....lol.)
Old 05-18-2003, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

High Five and 3 snaps... in a circle!!!

I just teared up Hangin' in. You GO girl!!!!! You are my heroine today.

Love and big big HUGS!
Smoke
Old 05-18-2003, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hangin in-------I'm so proud of you! I knew you had it in you. You rode the wave, and didn't fall in. See? Everyone was right--she managed to get (some) better even without you calling. Another high 5 for you! (that's 10).

Lyn
Old 05-18-2003, 07:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Make that 15 - I'm jumping up for you too.

It is sooooo hard to begin the process of letting go, but when we finally do and can see the positive results, it makes it easier next time.

My guess is that you BOTH are going to survive this program!!!

I'm doing the"happy dance" for you Hangin', yup right here and now in my bunny slippers, arms waving in the air.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

****{Hangin'In}}}

Wow!!!! I will definitely give you five and five more. You are awesome!! I am joining in that happy dance too!! Way to go!

Many hugs
Love,
Debbie
Old 05-19-2003, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WOO-HOO
Old 05-19-2003, 07:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hangin in...
Congrads to you... Another High Five from Clowie!!!!!!! You deserve it... and your post brought happy tears to my eyes... hehehehe...:council:
Old 05-19-2003, 07:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Hangin' In,

You must feel wonderful. I am sending another high 5. I believe that makes 30! I bet your daughter felt impowered after she heard you had not talked to anyone.

I knew you could do it! See the rollercoaster is a lot of fun at the top!

DMOM
Old 05-19-2003, 11:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Hangin In
add my 5 !! very proud of you and you just knew you did good!

I can do something for 12 hrs (or 5 min) that i dont think i could do if i thought i had to do it the rest of my life.

We can get through today !

love
liddy
Old 05-19-2003, 02:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeeeeeeeha! Another high 5....that's 40! You go girl!

2many2count
Old 05-19-2003, 03:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hangin'

I'm in the end zone doing the funky chicken for you. High tens from me. Remember, it's all about the strut.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 05-19-2003, 09:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks to all who replied to my post and gave me encouragement with your words and high fives. And like I said, I need to enjoy those moments because I sometimes, just sometimes, experience relapses.... And today I could tell I was slippin' back into insecure thinking. But, lo and behold, my HP knows what I need and put today's reading in ODAT JUST FOR ME! If ever I needed to hear that, it was today.

So I came home, after Al Anon meeting tonight, vowing to enjoy everyday. Will probably have to remind myself of that every hour of every day, but I'm detemined to train my mindset to hope for and believe the best.

Daughter did call this a.m. and the tone of her voice is slowly but surely getting better. My prayer is that God will really get her attention and help her see that there is ONLY one way for her to live a happy, complete and fulfilled life and that life is drug free.

Thanks again, fellow recoveree's, for your support and prayers for me and my daughter. Ya'll truly do offer me so much support and I just want you to know how much I appreciate it.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
P.S. Girls, girls, girls....I had NO idea ya'll had such rhythm. Your victory dances were just, uh, just....well, uh...er, I, um, just didn't know ya'll had those moves in ya!
Old 05-20-2003, 05:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How about I have my daughter's calls forwarded to you!!

live
Old 05-20-2003, 06:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Live,

You know good and well that I am the queen of "Do as I say, NOT as I do." I may have done ONE thing right, but didn't you notice what I said? As soon as I did the one RIGHT thing, I followed it up by a semi relapse. But, thank goodness, I made it to an Al Anon meeting and didn't suffer from a FULL relapse. Hey, WE can relapse just as much as our A's.

But you might have an idea there, gal. We both know our daughter's can get to us. But I bet I could tow the line with your daughter a whole lot better than I can with mine and visa versa. Big sigh....it's just the ole heart tugging that our girls can do with us.

So when shall we do the daughter swapping?.... Can hear it now....

"Oh honey, you've got a new mama now." And then we'll really crack down on them. Whoa! You reckon they'd be saying, "I want my REAL mama back"?

And Live, do I dare tell you my number? Okay, but don't pass it out to everyone on the internet. It's:

1-800-RELAPSE ... lol Wanna turn your daughter over to me NOW?...
Old 05-20-2003, 06:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am falling down laughing!!!!!

No, I don't want your daughter, I just want to give you mine!!!

Selfish, eh???

Well, geez, if I keep biting my tongue off when she calls I am going to be mute anyway!!!
I can yell around the jujubes!!! Just makes the swearing a little more interesting....Hey! what color was THAT???

Unlike you....I am GLAD to be hours and miles away!!!
In fact, I am running away for a few days.
Hide and seek, anyone????

Old 05-20-2003, 06:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Running away and you DID NOT invite me? And you don't want an even trade on the daughters? Geeze, Live, just what kind of friend are YOU??????????? lolol

And funny thing.....my 1-800-RELAPSE number is NOT ringing off the hook. I don't get it... Bet if I used 1-800-MIRACLE I'd get more calls. Lucky for me my HP takes those calls...
Old 05-20-2003, 06:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I heard this was a selfish program, so I enrolled me, myself and I.

Alright...you can come with...but don't tell anybody where we are!!!
And if we mention our offspring....somebody goes overboard!!

Hey, can you tell mine called yesterday?!?!
What I don't know...doesn't bother me!!!!
Mine won't call you for a miracle, she'll want money.
Or is that the same thing???