Still Doing Good

Old 06-26-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

Still Doing Good

Hi All,
Week no. 2 with RAH home from rehab, and still so far, so good (knock on wood). Actually, I am learning from him believe it or not. I was very upset about some changes at work on Friday, was venting to RAH and was dreading coming in on Monday. RAH calmly told me "don't project", explaining what it meant and told me to take it one day at a time, and if I can't take it one day at a time before getting upset, try taking it one hour at a time, explaining that after one hour, try for another hour, soon 8 hours would go by without getting upset, etc. The AA way of life seems good, even for non-alcoholics. I think I'm going to give it a try.
QT
Old 06-26-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, QT. I just posted something similar about expectations. Glad to hear things are going well.

L
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it QT. Im sooooo glad things are going well.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

one of the first things my RAH asked me to do was read the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. I highly recommend it.

In fact, some of my non-AA/Al-Anon friends have read it also. It's quite an amazing way to live
Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm glad to hear that things are going positively, QT. I'm probably no prize to deal with at times, but being in AA has helped me to live a drastically more calm and peaceful life. I was taught to clap my hands, and focus on living in the moment just between the claps. Sometimes one hour is too much, I need to live one second at a time.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things are going well! I think the 12 steps (AA, Alanon, ovreaters anonymous, etc) could benefit anyone, whether they are addicted or not. Scott Peck, who wrote the Road Less Traveled, has some really interesting views on this and why members of AA can actually be much better off than the average "normal" person. Interesting reading as well as a different perspective on looking at alcoholism....
Old 06-26-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

so glad to hear things are going well. you deserve this peace. blessings, k

(i go to open aa meetings along with alanon - i learn alot at both.)