Blogs

Notices

The Problem with Little Rebellions

Old 05-17-2003, 05:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

Totally off topic (sort of) but have any of you seen "Elizabeth"? It's one of my favorite chic flicks. Very empowering.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Steel Magnolias is my favourite movie ever, and reminds me so much of us.

Also, I have to confess I made a boo boo - it's not a leopard it's a tiger, on my new bag. My husband informed me (as if I wouldn't have eventually figured it out). So tiger sandals are now needed.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh Golly! You match my steering wheel cover!!!
Old 05-17-2003, 08:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OOh I like Tiger Ann, Everyone is doing leopard now so it's a bit trendy. You may be starting a new trend now.

Gabe I've never heard of that restaurant, we'll have to give it a try. I love Italian. We went to the Raleigh Inn. The kids love all the stuff on the salad bar.

It definitely didn't feel like rebellion though with a 1 yr old, a 2 yr old, and an 8 yr old......it felt more like.......exhaustion
Old 05-17-2003, 09:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I have 2 things...the first is calling ahead to Culvers for a patty melt and going through the drive through in my plaid flannels. It's great...no getting out of the car AND no waiting!

The second is my big purse. It is army green duck and it has more compartments than a passenger train. I could keep my phone and my day planner and to do lists, make up...anything I thought I would ever need! Now I don't use a day planner and I don't carry make up but somehow the thing got so heavy I needed a forklift to load it into my car! That mission was aborted.

Now I have this cute little 9 West number bought at TJ Max and I am eyeing a bag like Ann's with Palm Tree's on it!

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-18-2003, 07:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
a work in progress

I'm definately in for a little rebellion, I had my own yesterday.
I have extra long hair, down to my waist, it's also naturally curly. About once every year or year and a half I get it permed, just to add curl to the top because the length flattens it out. So yesterday I spent 4 hrs in the chair, 2 hours just for the curlers, having my yearly ritual. Then on a whim I had it styled before I left.
When I walked in the door of my house afterwards it was priceless. My daughter's jaw nearly hit the ground, not to mention my b/f's (yes I'm seeing someone... if I forgot to mention before ) Here I'd spent 4 hours away to get my hair curled and came home with completely STRAIGHT hair!!!!! Maybe it's not a big thing, but for me it's huge, my hair NEVER lays straight, not even wet.
I joked around with them about me changing my mind when I got there and deciding on paying a fortune to uncurl my mop. My daughter just about died, especially since with my hair flattened out my real colour shines thru and it's remarkably lighter and closer to her colour (strawberry blonde), I told her we were twins now... hehehe bad mommy.
It's tomorrow now and I'm back to my regular "do", but even tiny little rebellions can be fun. I might even attempt it on my own in the near future, providing I've got lots of mousse, a huge curling iron and about 4 extra hands to help
HUGS
Mysty
Old 05-18-2003, 08:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Paused

I am late because I was busy being rebellious last night. So after reading this thread I feel the need to confess my rebellious behavior.

I have been on a 1000 calorie a day diet for about a month now. Last night my husband went out and rented movies and bought a bag of planters chocolate covered peanuts. Oh my God, if you haven't tried these peanuts you Must!

So we are watching movies and I open the bag. I ate the whole bag. I didn't give him one. Once it was open they were pretty much gone. So this morning I looked on the back of the bag and realized that I had consumed 1320 calories. I really blew it. But I must admit at the time I did savor every peanut.

DMOM
Old 05-18-2003, 10:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

The Planters

chocolate covered almonds are pretty good too. But not as good as the World's Finest chocolate covered almonds. Those are the BEST.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 05-18-2003, 10:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Paused

Gabe, Now you did it. How am I ever going to stick to 1000 calories a day now that I know chocolate covered almonds are so good!
Old 05-18-2003, 01:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

These will have to do....

I can wear them to go buy some of those yummy chocolate covered peanuts. Did you know if you drink Diet Cola it washes all the calories away????:bojo:
Old 05-18-2003, 02:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

My hair is thick and quite wavy...in the 80's when everyone was having their hair permed curly I took the plunge. When I walked in the door I didn't exactly get raves. My dog barked at me!!

Old 05-18-2003, 08:40 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm a day late--had to go pick up a puppy with my daughter yesterday (6 hrs driving), and endure 3 hours with Squinty at a wedding. He was in an extremely obnoxious mood (even joked about tripping the bride on her way back up the aisle). I'm telling you, I thought I was going to go nuts!

So, when I got home, I told him I had to go to the store for a few things. He insisted I needed to go to our little town market--but I (rebelliously) insisted I needed to drive to a larger town--and wouldn't let him force me into his little mold again. Friday, I went shopping with another daughter, and we went to a really great mall in Columbus called Easton. Really elite stuff! I bought this really neat tin box thing to put laundry detergent in--definitely unnecessary--and we ate at the Cheesecake Factory--a really scrumptious meal (I'm still dreaming about it), and Hershey's Cheesecake (couldn't eat the crust, since I'm allergic to wheat, but it was great anyways). I left a large tip, which Squinty would have had a coronary over--he's always cheap, and insists I be that way with a tip--but I was a waitress once, so I like to tip big.

And, I won't even tell you how much chocolate I've eaten lately--I'd be too embarrassed.

Sorry I missed the movies--Barbiedeb, I could have picked you up on the way to Maryland, if I'd have known. I'll have to catch the next movie.

Lyn
Old 05-18-2003, 08:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

The new shower curtain (on clearance of course) with dogs and cats all over it

Apple crisp for dessert. Eaten first with pleasure

letting the answering machine get the phone calls

Watching Jay Leno AND Conan O Brien

leaving the lights on when I leave the room. (00000000H)

THIS is a fun one. Thanks

O59
Old 05-19-2003, 02:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

This is really fun seeing everyones little rebellions. I wasn't very rebellious yesterday, I did buy myself some of those white centered caramels though and I will eat them through out the day today at work. I don't think I can be too rebellious at work today either, don't think that would be too good in keeping my job......lol

Have a great day everyone!!

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-21-2003, 03:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey all

I haven't seen any little rebellions lately (I need some ideas!!)

Anyone had any lately......Smoke?? Besides holding the scissors in your hands and wanting bangs, anything?

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-21-2003, 06:00 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Paused

I had the BEST day yesterday. It was so pretty outside I decided on a "working lunch" with one of my co-workers. We went and had lunch on the pier and set off to working. Three hours (and a major sunburn) later we'd accomplished a lot and I felt totally recharged. We then drove around and looked at all the gorgeous waterfront houses. He had his wife's convertable Sebring (so more burning LOL). We just had a blast. And no, there's no "romantic" feelings between me and this guy, we're just great friends, he's one of the few people who always manages to get me back into a good mood and feeling like my old self.

So I guess that was my little rebellion. :p
Old 05-21-2003, 07:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Sounds like you had a great day!! Good for you!!

I guess I had a little rebellion after all, I sat outside at lunch and soaked in the sun a little myself I'd do it today again but its yucky out so maybe on the next sunny day

Have a great day!!
Debbie
Old 05-21-2003, 12:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm going to be rebellious today!!
As soon as my husband walks through the door (he'll be tired and ready for a shower) I'm gonna jump in the car and go to MY tanning appt. that he doesn't know about yet. Guess what else? He can feed the kids too.:slider: I'm BAD!!!! I'm BAD!!! You Know it!!!!

This could be dangerous. I'm glad I found this!

2many2count
Old 05-23-2003, 07:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I did go tanning and guess what? I paid an extra 2 dollars to go to the BRONZING BED! Then on the way home I stopped at the store and bought a 1/2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. I ate them all!

2many2count