Symphony in A minor,,,,,

Old 06-19-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Symphony in A minor,,,,,

Ok, and I don't even LIKE classical music!! So cut me some slack as I make my analogys here k?

I've been trying to think how to post this. Writing to a good friend and it came to me

Confession time

I've been doing good with the no speak, no see detachment

But, I've been sucked into the email thing again

And he's sober, at least for now, at least i think

But, I was thinking how the crescendo is building

At first it was all about how he undertands my "issue" with being a codie and how he supports my boundries and is even LEARNING about al anon and how the program works

The quiet part of the symphony, where your straining to listen, cause you think the rest is gonna be beautiful

The music builds a little, and so does the "converstaions"

discussions about the program, little innuendos about how he KNOW the program didn't mean that, but instead means this

The horn section comes in

At first, your a little shocked, cause the violins were so soothing

but, you get use to it. Open to ok, he's using the terms, he must be reading a bit, lets hear out the brass and see where it leads.

Them damn Cymbols

CRASh

I hope you don't talk to guys. i've seen it happen CE girl. You get distracted by attraction and soon your off you program. Who told you that? Was it a male? You should stick to FEMALEs. Guys have ulterior motives,

Why won't you talk about YOU to me, I want to help

Percussion

Distraction, Now i don't know if I'm comng or going. My emails are one word, K, yup, and no. I get ones back that ask if I'm "toying" wth him. Manipulating his heart, QUACK<QUACK<QUACK

I'm at the crescendo. But now I'm so sucked in I can't leave my seat,,,

Does the song ever end?

I FREAKIN HATE starting all over again,,,,,

Not so much,,,,

Peace
Old 06-19-2007, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Same music, same dance...
Time to change the song.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ya well aztchr, he tells me to give you guys his email address and he'll tell ya a thing or two about how the program is and how he's different and none of my support people know him and how he'll set you all straight,,,

LMAO

Oh my god, I'm rollin,,,

too funny,,,

Now I know why I stick to "alternative" kinda music.

Geez,,why do I let him mess with my head this way??!?!?!?
Old 06-19-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

CEGirl, you already know what I am going to say but here goes. It's like I tell my girls, tomorrow is a new day. Get out your running shoes, put them on, and run!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Would he like my AH's email address? They sound like two peas in a pod.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOL
All I heard was quack, quack, quack.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, they all think they're sooooooooo different. The world just doesn't understand their complex soul. Yeah, right. Mine gave me that bs, too. Then I came here and read the stories and found out they are so similar it's eery!

But, you know what really kept me stuck? The hope that he would change and then I wouldn't have to. Yep. At the time I never saw it, but I was really hoping that he would deal with his problem and then I wouldn't have to do anything. Especially anything really, really hard like all the people on this board who were/are further along in their recovery than me. My therapist even told me that he was nothing but a distraction. Something to keep me busy fretting and worrying over so that all the things in my life that were uncomfortable to deal with could be pushed aside. And I resisted that notion for as long as I could. Until he did deal with his problem and I still wasn't okay and happy. What a huge smack in the face that was!

I still had to figure out what was wrong with ME. Ouch! And once I put the focus squarely on myself, I found I didn't have as much time to focus on him. Oh, I still did, but less and less.

Peace to you CEG, it's hard this recovery thing, but oh so rewarding.

L
Old 06-20-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

gosh, LTD, were you reading my mind this morning

Went to a meeting last night, the subject was "inventory"

So , i did some self examiniation. I realized denial and avoidance was how I react to stress and pressure. got a lot going on right now, and typical codie style, WORRIED and OBESSING about ALL of it. I've been trying to move for the past month, but STUCK on my island, becuase truth be told, I AFRAID of the change. My career is on the upswing, with a brand new job waiting for me in a brand new VERY NEAT city, but I haven't left my old job yet, and their pressuring me to stay on "consulting" for a while. I have to absolutely be OUT of my house on the island on July 1, and because of dragging my feet, not all the way packed to go, and found out yesterday, I'll be on the road travelling most of the week next week. VERY STRESSED out!!!!

Oh and because of all this, my time to run is limited. Those who know me, know that is my "connection" with my spirits.

And last nights meeting was the first I made in over a week.

So, I had a "relapse". Everything else was "out of control" from my viewpoint. And here's the TRUTH ~GULP~. I'll just focus on the A who is telling me he's better and everything will be all right. At least I won't have to CHANGE anything about dealing with him. I can continue to twist and turn adn have a good EXCUSE.

I hate it when we confuse reason with excuse.

I'm a mess,,,,lol

But at least I think I figured out why.

I know what I need to do. Run and get to my meetings, make time for SR. I NEED to be the priority

Say that two letter word,,,,NO

That's gonna be REALLY hard guys,,,,

Peace
Old 06-20-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
Oh, they all think they're sooooooooo different. The world just doesn't understand their complex soul. Yeah, right. Mine gave me that bs, too. Then I came here and read the stories and found out they are so similar it's eery!

But, you know what really kept me stuck? The hope that he would change and then I wouldn't have to. Yep. At the time I never saw it, but I was really hoping that he would deal with his problem and then I wouldn't have to do anything. Especially anything really, really hard like all the people on this board who were/are further along in their recovery than me. My therapist even told me that he was nothing but a distraction. Something to keep me busy fretting and worrying over so that all the things in my life that were uncomfortable to deal with could be pushed aside. And I resisted that notion for as long as I could. Until he did deal with his problem and I still wasn't okay and happy. What a huge smack in the face that was!

I still had to figure out what was wrong with ME. Ouch! And once I put the focus squarely on myself, I found I didn't have as much time to focus on him. Oh, I still did, but less and less.

Peace to you CEG, it's hard this recovery thing, but oh so rewarding.

L

Yup Uh Huh I have to agree! Mine....same thing same bs different time! I have changed quack wait till you see the new me! I have not drank in quack relapse quack! Quack Quack Quack or wait Quack and Quack......I think it was 5 TIMES I started over CE! Until I realized that I was doing the quacking too! I was not going to have what I wanted from this man just as LTD I got a huge smack in the face over and over until I said wait...if I focus on ME I did not have the time to focus on what he was doing and eventually I was able to not worry about him so much! I'm still working on that one as it is hard at times when things pop up -ya know the norm people, places and things we did together.

CE *hands* you running shoes until he can focus on his program and not worry about you and your recovery there is NOTHING BUT QUACKING going on! Mine swore that he was working his program and then wound up being "Friends" with a girl from the internet...and a girl from the program! "Helping her through her divorce and trying to lead her to AA" C'mon on now!! can we say Q-U-A-C-K

((((Hugs))))) honey.....I made you nike id running shoes....(Look close I put CE GIRL on the heel)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CE.jpg (5.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

CE if he would like to explain the steps to a recovered alcoholic why don't you give him my email address?

I am not sure about alanon, but in AA it is very highly suggested that men work with men and women with women. Experience has also shown that the worst person to work on your program with is a family member or SO.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Can I give mine your email Taz!? Just kidding! He thinks or thought when I was speaking to him that working it with FEMALES was working! AHEM Not!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
full of hope

Oh CE! So sorry! Just takes one wrong note to ruin the whole song--or at least throw the balance off and mess up the band!?

So, you relapsed. It ended up forcing you to take some "inventory" so something good came from it! We have to work our program/recovery just like they do.

You are doing good, Sis! Strap on those shoes and make your own island...the spirits are waiting!!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A minor is the relative of C.
But if you listen closely..
There's the rythem section the keeps the beats..
Sometimes there's a crash to resovle a measure or a phrase,
sometimes there's drum rolls to resolved a phrase and a
crash to begin a new measure. These slight things add
a lot of life to the music.
While the rythem is flowing in the background as the
fundation..the drum beats helps you keep moving forward..
not too fast...not too slow. Within the rythem itself there
a melody. The horns or lead intruments plays verious
scales over the rythem..up and dowm..fast or slow to
add more life to the music. it dos'nt stay the same
it gives meaning or it's not boring.
if you listen closely..there are questions in the phrases
and an answers to resolved it.
If you listen closely or notice sometimes there muilty
lead instrument playing verious melodies like a dance.
In harmony..harmony dosn't nesscessary means uniformity.

Sometimes you might even notice and accidental note..
it catches your attention..but accidental notes are writting
in on purpose..it gives more meaning to a song and sometimes
it might even expand out to a different KEY. The A minor
can also be use as a bridge to ease into the Key of F or
the key of G...you simply just play the semilar notes
and leave out the differenences..not to shock the listen too much.
if you listren closely...there a begining, the peak and an end
to the song...the song ends. it ended and was resolved as
it fades slowly away..
But it was a beautiful experince
the high..notes, the low notes, the off beat, the accidentals
the harmonies, the crashes.

the songs of life..it's like that sometimes

anyhow..that's how i write my music.
My increase of music comprehension came from applying
the principles of the 12 steps..
Well it dose say to apply the 12 steps in all our affairs..
You know me...it just had to put it through the test instead
of taking everyone words for it..

Being a musicain and all..I write my own songs.
I don't even like all of them ..I just stay open and the muse
takes over. I don't like some of my songs..i write another one.lol
it wierd too..I'm tone deaf in one ear from craking my guitar
too loud..lol
Old 06-20-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

actaully playing heavy metal or rock n roll and all...
when everything is all crank up and in over drive.

I listen for those crashes or rolls..it helps me keep count..
It tells me when to change..lol
Old 06-20-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

SaTIT, I can tell your a musician,,,theres music in your words

And thank you for songs in the key of life explanation. The analogys did not get past me,,,I'm thinking, I put a sour note in there on purpose.

By the way, I said "no" today to yet another request for my presence somewhere i don't want or need to be. I REALLY need to take some time for me and focus. Gotta pack the island, and prepare to let go. Thats for ME. Make a meeting tonite. Thats for ME.

And frankly, anyone with a problem with that can kiss my codie left cheek,,,

Peace
Old 06-20-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

A minor is the relative of C.
Yes, but" D minor is the saddest of all the keys."

*bonus if you guess the obscure reference*

Sorry about that. Carry on.

[/hijack]
Old 06-20-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Spinal Tap is one of my top 5 movies!