closure or the end of one drama the beginning of another!

Old 06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

closure or the end of one drama the beginning of another!

we got divorced. If anyone from back in 2004 remembers my saga, last week we went to court and had a dissolution. i want to thank everyone of SR who really helped me with my recovery and motivated me to see a therapist and GO TO AL ANON ! because i don't know how i would have made it through these "years". As all this helped me to get emotionally and mentally prepared as well as discovering a much better way of life...as you probably suspect--my now EX A - has already created more new and much better (worse) drama for his life, which as i got custody and will still be getting financial support, does still affect me. However, with his latest crisis, if i did not have the tools of recovery, things probably would have turned out much worse.

funny thing is, he just possibly may have reached his BOTTOM!!! or not. He sure is acting like he did. i'm not holding my breath, i am maintaining a neutral non-codependent attitude (meaning I am NOT "fixing" his messes) i simply say, "you make your choices" and "I'll pray for you".

but this is to anyone who may be dealing with the dilemma of an alcoholic marriage and debating whether to divorce or not. I took it rather slow, and it WAS MY OWN RECOVERY that got the ball rolling....and my HP definitely opened the way to resolution of many things. it was amazing to identify when such things like that "happened" for me. So hang in there and work the steps and it will get better for you-- and your family---and as they say, "if it is good for the family, it is good for the alcoholic!"
Old 06-18-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You sound good, escape artist. I'm in the 2nd year of the divorce process and I know without a doubt I would not have come this far without the tools of Al-Anon, therapy and the rest of my support system.

Here's to a terrific future!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
IO Storm

...as you probably suspect--my now EX A - has already created more new and much better (worse) drama for his life,

if have the tools of recovery, things probably would have turned out much worse.
funny thing is, he just possibly may have reached his BOTTOM!!! or not. He sure is acting like he did. i'm not holding my breath, i am maintaining a neutral non-codependent attitude (meaning I am NOT "fixing" his messes) i simply say, "you make your choices" and "I'll pray for you".

So proud of you AND your program!

I so wish I had taken advice when I got divorced..I did not

got to Al Anon beause I was afraid they would tell me to go

back to my AA..Alcoholic Abusive husband

Instead I ran..and went headlong into alcoholism..to escape

instead of following simple suggestions.

So stick to your guns...you are fortunate.

Love,

IO