Alanon weekends?

Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Alanon weekends?

I always hear about these weekends and what not for AA. Are there any for Alanon. I remember there was something on this forum for the forum. But I could not travel. Anything? I guess i would like to have the speakers for the weeknd and be able to offer support and have support ya know. Just curious?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

I go to stuff all the time.

Many are in conjunction with AA events - there is often an Alanon speaker - at a luncheon or breakfast... sometimes, the main speaker. These are very good.

We get flyers in at our meetings from others in the program - they are shared during the part of the meeting that they say, "Are there any Alanon related announcements?" Many times, it is the double winners bringing in stuff from the "other (AA)" meeting that also includes an Alanon speaker.

You might find out who is your District Representative (DR) (the group representative (GR), or other long-time members should be able to direct you). The DR or GR might be able to direct you to some events.

We also have some Alanon only things in my region (Western Washington State). I travel 70 - 150 miles to attend some of the weekend events... and it is well-worth the travel! We carpool from my meeting in Chehalis - a great way to get to know your Alanon buds!

When my sponsor "took me on", one of her conditions was that I be willing to attend these conventions.... I find they have been very integral to my progress in Alanon.

Hope this helps!

PS - Google the words: Alanon thenameofyourtown thenameofyourstate Convention

And see what comes up!

((hugs))
Old 06-18-2007, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

http://www.va-al-anon.org/convention.htm

Does this help?

Nope - it is already over... sheesh!

Try this one -

http://www.va-al-anon.org/calendar.htm

Old 06-18-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you call your district office, or drop by if it's close, there should be flyers announcing events. We have a lot of them here.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Also, the local AA office should have flyers of upcoming Round Ups and Conventions, and at 99.9999999% of those there are also a slew of Alanon "happenings".

Matter of fact I have never been to a convention or Round Up where there were not a lot of Alanon events. Used to be hard sometimes to shedule what meetings and events I wanted to attend, rofl.

Love and hugs,