Blunt honesty, good or bad?

Old 06-19-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

http://www.healthed.msu.edu/fact/blackouts.shtml

http://www.duke.edu/~amwhite/Blackouts/blackouts8.html

Above are a few links on black outs, I had them almost nightly for years, I actually got used to not knowing what I had done the night before.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Okay now to give you a few ideas about brutal honesty when dealing with an alcoholic from an alcoholics point of view.

First things first, if I am drunk do not even waste your breath, the only thing I hear is myself and more then likely I will not remember what I said tomorrow.

Brutal honesty did work for me for many things, but only when I was sober enough to listen and then only for a while.

The only brutal honesty that got this drunk sober was when my wife told me her and the kids were gone in 30 days, because they could not take my drinking any more and she did not want the kids watch me drink myself to death!

She had never said she was going to do that before, but I knew she did the same thing to her first husband exactly one time! 30 days later the cops were taking him away...... it was her parents house, his name was on nothing. She told him she had enough and to either stop drinking or he was gone, he did not beleive her, he was gone never welcome back again.

In a moment of clarity that evening I called and had myself put into detox because I knew that I was going to die if I did not sober up with them or with out them. I knew if I continued to drink I would within 6 months lose everything I owned and my job and all that would be left was me and my bottle which would lead to me dying.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i think blunt honesty is good - as long as you are being really honest with YOURSELF.

blessings, k