Thursday....almost a week later

Old 05-15-2003, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Thursday....almost a week later

Hey all,

I swear I will try not to make this a rambling, bitching session

Just thought I would let every one know I am doing good. Been a little low key lately but I think I am busier. Doing things that he would normally do if he was home, the dogs being the biggest chore.

He is in the hospital getting help, and I can only pray that he "gets it" this time. I saw him today and he's really "not there" yet if you know what I mean. He seems highly medicated and I don't know if that is good or not. I reassured him things would be okay and I really do believe they will be, one way or another.

I amaze myself how well I have taken all this, this time around. I know its happened before and I hear people say well maybe its because you've been through it so many times before but this time it just feels different. Between the damages to cars and fences, duis and mental hospitals, you'd think I would be ready to loose it, but I am not. I still don't quite understand it. I suppose I've learned more than I realized over the past year or so and maybe I have finally "got it". I sure hope so

Anyway, just wanted to say Hello and thank you guys for being here. I appreciate you all so much, helping me to get through it and maybe finally get it.

Many hugs to you all.

Love,
Debbie
Old 05-15-2003, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((Deb))))))))

So glad you are doing so well. A little more peaceful, maybe? I hope you are taking the time to take care of you. You've been in my thoughts and my prayers.

Lyn
Old 05-15-2003, 04:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Debbie

The first part of rehab is usually just the way you described. The rehab folks seem to keep the detox patients medicated to get them through the "coming down" part. When my ex-A was in rehab, he was usually not the most pleasant person (world's biggest understatement) for the first week or two.
I hope that your guy "gets it" this time too. Rehab patients are usually heavily saturated with the program, so maybe some of that good stuff will sink in. Meanwhile, enjoy the peace and quiet.
Hugs to you from me.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 05-15-2003, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

BarbieDeb,

Don't we just wish that we could wave a magic wand and we (our A's and us) could ALL get it? Boy, that would be the life.
But I guess we learn through our trials, so maybe we will be the smartest people around when our A's finally do get it...

Hang in there, gal. I'm right there with you keeping you and your's in my prayers.

Love,

Hangin' In
Old 05-15-2003, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Debbie,

You sound so together. I read your post and can feel how calm you are. You are proof that al anon works if you work it.

I just wanted you to know that I am proud of you and will continue to keep you in my prayers.

DMOM :skiptrip:
Old 05-15-2003, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending hugs to let you know that I am proud of you too.

I know that a year ago this would have been absolutely devastating for you (as it would be for me in the same situation),
and to watch you go through this calmly, and confidently knowing what you need to do, is an inspiration to anyone working this program.

I'm sending big prayers for both of you, that this can be a learning experience that moves you both forward.

Love and Hugs
Old 05-15-2003, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((Debbie))))) Ditto to all the above. You have come so far and I hope you feel really good about yourself. You really are an inspiration as you show your strength and how beneficial the hard work of a recovery programme can be. I don't mean that it's been easy for you - I know it hasn't - but you have come shining through and we are all so proud of you!

Love and hugs.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

******{Everyone}}}}

I guess I am enjoying the peace and quiet, I still wish it weren't under these circumstances though.

Hangin', I used the magic wand analogy(not sure if that is the correct word but it sounded good) twice this week when I talked to his counselor and him. Wouldn't it be great if we could do that. But since we can't, we try to work our program and do the best we can.

I am quite proud of myself. I do think I would have "lost it" if this had happened a year ago.

Anyway, I need to get myself ready for work. Calling for some major rain here today so I need to make sure everything is tied down

Many hugs to each one of you

Love,
Debbie
Old 05-16-2003, 04:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Barbie,

You should be proud of yourself. You just said it. A year ago you wouldn't have made it, but look at you today. You've made it and ARE making it. So pat yourself on the back for great progress and keep on keepin on, gal! Obviously you're doing something right.

Post like your's inspire all of us, so keep 'em coming....

Love,

Hangin' In
Old 05-17-2003, 03:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Thanks Hangin' In

I think I did pat myself on the back.....lol First time in a long time, but "by Joe I think I've got it." And if I haven't, I am real close!!

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie